PDA

View Full Version : NBA jersey advertisements...the dam is broken

gaytorhater703
01-25-2017, 02:27 PM
This will quickly be on all jerseys soon in all sports

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/a-celtics-player-perfectly-sums-up-teams-new-jersey-ad-i-like-free-money-182502245.html

dnrapp
01-25-2017, 08:18 PM
The WNBA has ads for the past couple of years. Soccer all over the world has had them for many years

sox83cubs84
01-26-2017, 12:09 AM
I guess to the team and sport, it's progress (not to mention revenue). Being that I'm older than dirt, I can recall the game used collectors of the era fuming back in the 1986-87 MLB off-season about having a manufacturer logo (Rawlings) appearing on MLB jerseys. It's not an issue 30 years later and, 30 years from now, this won't likely be an issue, either, but, FTR, I'm not fond of it, either.

Dave Miedema

jmeekins33
01-31-2017, 09:37 PM
I can assure you that I won't ever purchase a game used jersey with an advertisement on it. NBA teams can be worth 2 billion dollars or more and they're just trying to squeeze every last nickel out of their product. Pure greed.

It might be time for me to stop going to the games and stop watching them on TV too. I can't stand all the political activism from the league and the players. Plus, the game itself has devolved into a three point shooting contest anyway.

sox83cubs84
01-31-2017, 10:57 PM
It might be time for me to stop going to the games and stop watching them on TV too. I can't stand all the political activism from the league and the players. Plus, the game itself has devolved into a three point shooting contest anyway.

I will still watch a few games to keep up with uniform usage for my work authenticating. However, political activism in the NBA and the NFL has caused me to refuse to buy any tickets or team/league-sourced memorabilia from either league (going on 9 years for the NFL, new for the NBA) and to stay away from their charity auctions, as well. The players and coaches in both leagues have a right to speak their minds, but I have a right not to support their activism and spend what few dollars I have accordingly.

Dave Miedema

jmeekins33
02-01-2017, 01:18 AM
I just wish everyone in the frickin' world didn't feel like they had to be a political activist. I get enough politics and negativity in my life.

My hobbies are something I do for enjoyment. It's to the point now where there is no escaping it.

steelerman_7
02-01-2017, 12:18 PM
As much as I dislike the use of advertisements on jerseys, I have to admit that the GE logo doesn't look too bad on the Celtics uni's.

pjbmd
02-01-2017, 05:55 PM
It's already been done on MLB jerseys

When Yankees and rays met in Tokyo 2004 I believe the NYY had a Ricoh patch over one shoulder of their pinstripes

Anyone else recall this?

dnrapp
02-01-2017, 08:23 PM
i know when the A's played in Tokyo in 2012 they had an advertisement on their jerseys and helmets

sox83cubs84
02-01-2017, 11:46 PM
It's already been done on MLB jerseys

When Yankees and rays met in Tokyo 2004 I believe the NYY had a Ricoh patch over one shoulder of their pinstripes

Anyone else recall this?

Correct...the Devil Rays also wore the RICOH patch on their jersey sleeves. The only difference was that the Yankees wore their home jerseys for the 2 games...the Devil Rays wore forest green BP jerseys for the series as the "road" team.

Dave Miedema