PDA

View Full Version : Fake Favre Painted ball on ebay

kneerat
01-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Guys, stay away from this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brett-Favre-Green-Bay-Packers-vs-Raiders-Wilson-Game-Used-Presentation-Football-/232216320297?

I just confirmed with the man who paints Packers balls that this was a "JAMES WHITLEY SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE GAME" ball...

STAY AWAY.

RMoody
01-24-2017, 06:36 PM
Sadly, many threads revolve around this guy and his two accounts. While it's great that guys come on here to flag an item it's sad that most don't have or utilize a resource like this site. The forged gameball this guy made will devalue real ones and mar collections for years to come.

This would be twice now a team official has came forward (Prior to this was a Seahawks agent) seeking to discredit a ball from this seller.

EDIT
In fairness I have bought a ball from this seller that was genuine, I can only assume he bought it with the intentions of "customizing" it to his liking but elected not too. The ball was painted and had water stains that would have been unmistakable in comparison. It looked like he had tried to treat an area on the ball to see how it would react to leather compound but only did one small area.

yanks12025
01-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Its amazing this person continues to get away with this. I forwarded an email to the head NFL auction guy and maybe he has someone on the inside that would care about it. Specially when the seller has said before that they get the balls because they help the NFL with the salute to service games.

Also I can't believe how dumb some buyers are. Do people really think Tom Brady is giving away team presentation footballs.

bgakladd
01-24-2017, 11:58 PM
The listing has been taken off Ebay for this ball. I sent a question to the seller asking how they obtained this ball.....never got a response.

AKSaint
01-25-2017, 01:17 AM
On a flyer here, I bought a sweet GU jersey from the son of a BIG BIG wig in the NFL management. Haven't spoken to him in a while but maybe I will see if I can reach out to him and inform him of all these fraudulent game balls. Not sure if he will care, but if he does and speaks to his Father about it, maybe something can be done about these 2 sellers...

If they were selling these balls for $50 that would be one thing but asking $750 to $2000 for a forged Brees, Brady, Favre ball is just asking for trouble. It is worth a try.

Bob

punter96
01-28-2017, 07:42 PM
The listing has been taken off Ebay for this ball. I sent a question to the seller asking how they obtained this ball.....never got a response.

Ball is now up again. This guy is such a clown...guy bought some Cowboys balls with the new logo, and then a few weeks later they show up as game used...

COWBOYS4EVR
01-29-2017, 12:07 AM
I sold him a GU pylon for the Jags 3 weeks ago. It had 1 S2S patch.
A week later he reposted it on eBay with 4 BCA ribbons stating it was from
Gillette field used in the Patriots 14 season. Stupidly he must not check game photos cause pylons don't have the BCA patches for October.
Plus if he's going to commit fraud on an item, he won't leave feedback on the purchase.

punter96
01-29-2017, 01:59 PM
I sold him a GU pylon for the Jags 3 weeks ago. It had 1 S2S patch.
A week later he reposted it on eBay with 4 BCA ribbons stating it was from
Gillette field used in the Patriots 14 season. Stupidly he must not check game photos cause pylons don't have the BCA patches for October.
Plus if he's going to commit fraud on an item, he won't leave feedback on the purchase.
I might have to send a message asking how it was obtained....

Briggsd719
10-07-2017, 03:27 PM
This guy still has a ton of game used balls coming up. Some look legit and guy obviously knows how to fake now. Sucks cuz this is going to totally discredit Game Used balls in the future. I believe he even has stamps now to fake. Stamps still don't look right there is an mc for mike Carey which is smeared and I've never seen one of his legit balls with smears. Also the markings seem way to dark to the real balls out there. Just reposting for buyer beware!! Hopefully these balls don't make it past him and into the market. Makes me sick

Buccaneer Madden
10-07-2017, 07:38 PM
He's had that Derrick Brooks one for a LONG time. It was around $700 now he dropped it to $300. UGH