PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Orioles Jersey Missing Wash Tag

ruhoos
01-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Just picked up a 2012 Mark Reynolds jersey. The jersey was supposedly bought at Camden Yards. Jersey looks good with some discoloration and a few spots of dirt and staining, however there is no interior wash tag or team identification strip. Is this normal for Orioles' jerseys to be missing these tags, especially the wash tag? Are there any other ways to determine the difference between an authentic and an actual game worn jersey?

Thanks for your help!

thomaslynch
01-23-2017, 08:12 PM
All of my Os jerseys have the wash tag attached. Not sure why one would be removed unless it was just ripped out during wear. Your best bet would be to photo match the jersey if it has staining or marks that are easily identifiable. If you post some pics I can see if I can help you with that.

sox83cubs84
01-23-2017, 10:22 PM
Just picked up a 2012 Mark Reynolds jersey. The jersey was supposedly bought at Camden Yards. Jersey looks good with some discoloration and a few spots of dirt and staining, however there is no interior wash tag or team identification strip. Is this normal for Orioles' jerseys to be missing these tags, especially the wash tag? Are there any other ways to determine the difference between an authentic and an actual game worn jersey?

Thanks for your help!

The wash tag either fell out or was removed. However, the O's haven't used year/set/name tags on much of anything in the way of jerseys made by Majestic. Curious: what size is the jersey?

Dave Miedema

truvalue123
01-23-2017, 11:29 PM
Reynolds is known for removing tags...there is an eBay listing on a Rockies jersey that notes a cut tag.

ruhoos
01-24-2017, 09:09 AM
The wash tag either fell out or was removed. However, the O's haven't used year/set/name tags on much of anything in the way of jerseys made by Majestic. Curious: what size is the jersey?

Dave Miedema

Size 48

Here's the actual jersey I have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALTIMORE-ORIOLES-Mark-Reynolds-Game-Used-Team-Issue-Jersey-2012-Playoffs-/122312613196?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=33YA2qXmY0uoaEWy5%252F7%252Fpvqazrk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

lengthwise1
01-24-2017, 10:58 PM
Reynolds is known for removing tags...there is an eBay listing on a Rockies jersey that notes a cut tag.

There are actually two, one gamer and one BP. They are being sold by Phil who has bought lots of Rockies items in bulk for years so I would very much trust that source of info. I have dealt with him many times and I'm aware of his connection to the Rockies.