PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LA Dodgers Jersey Tagging Question

Dewey2007
01-14-2017, 12:10 PM
Did the Dodgers use both types of tagging in 2007? I thought the first example of Majestic tagging wasn't used until 2008 or was that the first full time year with that type of tagging? The first is from a home jersey and the second is from a road jersey. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can provide.

sox83cubs84
01-15-2017, 11:42 PM
If someone else doesn't beat me to it, I'll check my photo files and see if I can find anything on Monday or Tuesday.

Dave Miedema

Dewey2007
01-16-2017, 01:00 AM
Thanks Dave.

I found this part of article which helped make sense of why the Dodgers 2007 home jersey I posted a pic of was a Cool Base version.

Majestic introduced a lighter-weight version of the MLB authentic jerseys in 2006 which it called “Cool Base”. Cool Base jerseys are lighter than the regular-issue, can be distinguished by the textured light-weight fabric, and the Cool Base-specific Majestic manufacturer’s logo as seen in this picture (http://static.zoovy.com/img/cubworld/W600-H600-Bffffff/P/philadelphia_phillies_authentic_home_cool_base_jer sey2.jpg).

Majestic initially issued Cool Base alternatives to the Major League clubs for the primary home jersey only. It was a new product and the limited distribution allowed the company and League to test out both player and consumer responses.

If any Dodgers experts out there have anything to add that would be appreciated.

BamaHater
01-16-2017, 02:31 AM
According to the Henderson MLB Game Worn Guide the Dodgers players had access to both Regular Double Knit and Cool base home uniforms in 2006 and 2007 before going all Cool Base in 2008 in both Home and Road. I suggest you get the Game Worn MLB guide if you don't have it already. Best resource for MLB jerseys of the Double Kit Era.