PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys have trouble making up your mind ...like me!!?

jboosted92
02-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Here it goes...

growing up I was always interested in whats new in regards to baseball cards/football cards..etc..

My father bought packs/sets for me from birth, and that continued for awhile.
As I got older, I got more into the team/player buying (1990s 2000s patriots/bledsoe/then brady...thank God for brady) and slowly got into autograph items...jerseys, helmets, cards...etc.

Then...game used hit me like a freight train.. My first game used item, a pair of TY LAW game used cleats (still got em...nice pair) in which i waaaaay overpaid...hooked me like a largemouth bass...

from there, i got more Patriots game used gear...then it turned into higher-end game used bats... Cobb gamer, Hornsby Gamer..then world series hero(s) related gamer bats....jack Coombs gamer, Tommy Leach early gamers....
some newer bats for resale...bonds, mcgwire..pujols...

then 1975,1986,2004 red sox bats....etc..

then back to cards...1934 goudey, 1915 cracker jack...

Now i see myslef interested in the 1993 finest set!!!

Is it that I cant make up my mind? Is it the "cant be satisfied"?

PLEASE HELP! ahah

jon_8_us
02-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Stick with cards sell me your Pats gear and 04 Sox bats...lol
jon

staindsox
02-10-2007, 10:19 AM
A Tommy Leach gamer? I think you have a wonderful problem :D Is there any way I could twist your arm to post a photo or two? Anyone who has read "The Glory of Their Times" has a soft spot for Tommy Leach, Hans Lobert, etc. Anyway, if you have the time, it would be awesome if you could drop a photo or two on the thread. It would make my day. Thanks again!

Chris

jboosted92
02-10-2007, 10:33 AM
A Tommy Leach gamer? I think you have a wonderful problem :D Is there any way I could twist your arm to post a photo or two? Anyone who has read "The Glory of Their Times" has a soft spot for Tommy Leach, Hans Lobert, etc. Anyway, if you have the time, it would be awesome if you could drop a photo or two on the thread. It would make my day. Thanks again!

Chris

Great book. I read the book after I got the bat, and realized i might have a prized possesion

Whats interetesting about the bat (sidewritten -- Tommy Leach ) its from a label period that very well possibly could have been used in the first world series (1903) as noted by MEARS. and as you may know, Leach got the first hit ever in the history of the World Series...

Makes it a very historic, appealing item.. I've gotten some nice offers from Pittsburgh natives, but unless they turn out VERY appealing, id like to wait to see if a photo of him at the 1903 series surfaces..

jboosted92
02-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Stick with cards sell me your Pats gear and 04 Sox bats...lol
jon

well with the way my mind changes..who knows..

I got a couple rare ones from 75 including juan benniquez,

I got Dave Henderson for my 86..(henderson has a bat nail in it...amazing for an 86 bat)

2004, Johnny Damon, Millar, Ortiz, Kapler, Mirabelli...

jon_8_us
02-10-2007, 04:00 PM
well with the way my mind changes..who knows..

I got a couple rare ones from 75 including juan benniquez,

I got Dave Henderson for my 86..(henderson has a bat nail in it...amazing for an 86 bat)

2004, Johnny Damon, Millar, Ortiz, Kapler, Mirabelli...

If you want to sell the Damon for any reason my email is jon_8_us@yahoo.com
jon

cjmedina1
02-10-2007, 04:05 PM
If the Mcgwire bat is for sale send me some pics and I will send you a offer.:DThanks

Carlie Medina III

carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

stkmtimo
02-11-2007, 11:08 AM
A Tommy Leach gamer? That's awesome! "The Glory of Their Times" is truly a classic and to have a piece from back then is amazing. Do you still own it?

Tim

brian26
02-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Is it that I cant make up my mind? Is it the "cant be satisfied"?

PLEASE HELP! ahah

If I may ask, how old are you? The reason I ask this is that it seems your tastes and interests are evolving as you get older and possibly have a bit more disposable income.

I started off the same as you just buying sets and then got into game used cards. Just recently have I started collecting game used bats, and now I'm focusing more on high end stuff.

jboosted92
02-11-2007, 11:55 AM
If I may ask, how old are you? The reason I ask this is that it seems your tastes and interests are evolving as you get older and possibly have a bit more disposable income.

I started off the same as you just buying sets and then got into game used cards. Just recently have I started collecting game used bats, and now I'm focusing more on high end stuff.

yah..i hear yah.

Im 27.. Just built my own home and are getting a hefty mortgage, soi might be headed back down to the sets :) :) ...

its tough though...once you go high-end...you want to stay high-end...

ghostkid
02-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Keep me in mind if/when you decide to sell the Coombs and/or Leach bats.

Kevin Kasper
kevinkasper@netzero.com