PDA

View Full Version : Another Episide Of More Money Than Brains

DoctorLoomis
12-24-2016, 05:31 PM
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for Derrick Carr? Really? You are talking Hall of Fame player type cash.

This is simply silly.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=1448479

sox83cubs84
12-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Not a new phenomenon, by any means. I recall being at a Phillies Wives Auction circa 1993 when a Darren Daulton GU Phillies jersey got into a bidding war between a teenage girl who idolized Daulton and a local radio personality. The girl won with a bid of $2,200. Even more inexplicable is her unwillingness to spend $20 on a pair of Daulton's GU pants with a noted dealer of the era. It takes all types, I guess, especially when a tax write-off is involved.

Dave Miedema

DoctorLoomis
12-24-2016, 06:28 PM
Not a new phenomenon, by any means. I recall being at a Phillies Wives Auction circa 1993 when a Darren Daulton GU Phillies jersey got into a bidding war between a teenage girl who idolized Daulton and a local radio personality. The girl won with a bid of $2,200. Even more inexplicable is her unwillingness to spend $20 on a pair of Daulton's GU pants with a noted dealer of the era. It takes all types, I guess, especially when a tax write-off is involved.

Dave Miedema

Yep...agree. How about $7000 for Khalil Mack? Yes....7 grand.

bryzzo2016
12-24-2016, 06:34 PM
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for Derrick Carr? Really? You are talking Hall of Fame player type cash.

This is simply silly.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=1448479

Looks like two buyers got locked in a bidding war. This is a $2500 jersey tops. And that's in a Seller's market.

UNREAL !

DoctorLoomis
12-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Looks like two buyers got locked in a bidding war. This is a $2500 jersey tops. And that's in a Seller's market.

UNREAL !

Truer words never spoken. It's a $2500 shirt.

bryzzo2016
12-24-2016, 09:36 PM
I feel bad for the guy that paid that 10K for the jersey.

Carr just broke his leg a couple hours ago.

Talk about immediate bad return on your investment !

:eek:

CPuente57
12-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Seems to be very difficult to get gamers of stars at a decent price on any of the the major auction sites for the leagues, Meigray, MLB, NFL, seems like NFL is the hardest though, assuming it's because of the charity aspect of the auctions.

Phil316
12-25-2016, 02:20 PM
Seems to be very difficult to get gamers of stars at a decent price on any of the the major auction sites for the leagues, Meigray, MLB, NFL, seems like NFL is the hardest though, assuming it's because of the charity aspect of the auctions.

When you really look into it the majority of auctions give very little to charity if any. Of course you have the certain teams that give all proceeds but that is getting rarer and rarer.