PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Game Used? 2016 MLB ASG Jersey - Retail Code vs Game Issued/Used Code

iBelieveInCollectingVogt
12-21-2016, 01:22 AM
I was gifted a 2016 all star game jersey from a player, along with GU Cleats.

Both items were not authenticated but I know the cleats were game used.

The 2016 All Star Game Jersey on the other hand is EVERY bit identical to my retail (online) version EXCEPT the code in the jersey. He did not tell me the jersey was used or issued, he did say the cleats were used. Does anyone have a 2016 GU ASG - what is the code? or does anyone have any insight or information on these jerseys? My friend has the same retail jersey (from the dugout store at the stadium) with the same code as my online retail jersey.

the "0400" and "400A" are very similar to the "6300" and "0630" retail codes for retail and game issued. If anyone has any information would like to know.

Photos attached

Stanley
12-21-2016, 09:46 AM
I have one that has a MLB holo, and photo matched. It also has the same tagging as yours, 0400.

iBelieveInCollectingVogt
12-21-2016, 05:21 PM
I have one that has a MLB holo, and photo matched. It also has the same tagging as yours, 0400.

Wow that's great news! I had no idea he would have gifted me a used/issued jersey from his all star game weekend. But now I need to find out which day he wore it, and how many 16 ASG jerseys were given to him, because there is like 3-4 given to them right? one for Home run derby, one for warm ups before the game, one for pictures? an extra one for other stuff? without a hologram/authentication it would be impossible to figure out which one it is unless I was able to photo match up the little snags in the jersey.

Stanley
12-21-2016, 05:52 PM
From what I can tell they were issued 3 total. One when they were selected to the ASG. One they wore on warmup day, and homerun derby. And one for ASG batting practice. The ones for warmup day all got MLB Holo stickers from what I can tell checking all the holo numbers before and after my jersey. The batting practice jerseys all went to baseball cards to be cut up. And players kept the ones given to them on the selection day.