PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what I have here? Beckham Jersey

MikeKam
12-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Hi guys,

Just hoping someone may have an idea of what I have here. Purchased it without any real provenance, but the seller told me it was worn by Beckham. Likely a long shot, but looking to get some opinions - thanks!

mrjohnmalton
12-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Definitely not match worn. The material, design, and size of the lettering are all incorrect. The fit and material of the shirt is also incorrect. A player issued shirt, even in 2004, would have been manufactured from a lighter performance material. The heavily worn print on the inside of the shirt is a dead give-away as well. International first teams never wear a shirt for more than one match. The shirt may only ever be washed once after the match, if that. This shirt has been washed several times over. It is simply a replica shirt that has been well worn over the years.

MikeKam
12-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Definitely not match worn. The material, design, and size of the lettering are all incorrect. The fit and material of the shirt is also incorrect. A player issued shirt, even in 2004, would have been manufactured from a lighter performance material. The heavily worn print on the inside of the shirt is a dead give-away as well. International first teams never wear a shirt for more than one match. The shirt may only ever be washed once after the match, if that. This shirt has been washed several times over. It is simply a replica shirt that has been well worn over the years.

Great, that's kinda what I was expecting haha. Thank you!

mrjohnmalton
12-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Great, that's kinda what I was expecting haha. Thank you!

No problem! If you ever come across anything else from the match worn football shirt world, feel free to send me a PM with any questions!

fen1kuk
12-04-2016, 03:44 AM
As has already been said its not match worn, but it's not actually an official retail version either. These jerseys were double layer reversible so should be dark blue inside.

The jerseys Umbro produced for England players to wear in this period (2002) were almost exactly the same as the retail version, including being reversible.