PDA

View Full Version : Photomatch

RaiderGeorge21
11-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Hello fellow game used enthusiasts, I recently acquired this 2002 Raiders Jerry Rice game used jersey from Goldin Auctions. The only LOA it came with is one from Dave Miedema, I sent the jersey to "Resolution photomatching" to get photo matched but they could not photomatch it, took the jersey to rice yesterday at a signing to see if he could identify it as his gamer and he could not. That is ok since I don't expect the athlete to be an expert on his game used equipment.. He also told me that he keeps most of his jerseys, he was pretty rude about the whole thing but I guess some athletes are like that, I don't really consider a jersey authentic unless you can photomatch it.. That's just me anyone else wanna give a crack at photomatching it? Would really help, photos of the jersey that are more clear are at the Goldin auctions website

George

RaiderGeorge21
11-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Here is the front

Phil316
11-06-2016, 07:34 PM
http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/2002_jerry_rice_oakland_raiders_game_used_home_jer-lot34911.aspx

this looks to be the same jersey does it not ?

RaiderGeorge21
11-06-2016, 07:41 PM
http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/2002_jerry_rice_oakland_raiders_game_used_home_jer-lot34911.aspx

this looks to be the same jersey does it not ?

Yes Phil that is the one

George

Phil316
11-06-2016, 08:02 PM
If you where to compare the jersey from the Gray Flannel auction does the use look the same? To me it looks like more use now than it did back when it was auctioned through Gray Flannel. I could be wrong but I am just comparing pics on a CPU.

Also why didn't the jersey come with the GF LOA? I wonder.

No photomatch

Rice denies he wore it or can't remember.

Lots of questions on this one.

Phil316
11-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Also if you can, can you post a picture of the inside tag that remains including the stitching?

RaiderGeorge21
11-07-2016, 12:38 AM
Also if you can, can you post a picture of the inside tag that remains including the stitching?

Here they are Phil, yes in fact many questions.. Rice raiders gamers are rare as far as I've seen Paul the 49ers collector owns one and AMI had one up a few years back, at this point I'm starting to doubt its authenticity

George

RaiderGeorge21
11-07-2016, 12:39 AM
Here's the grey flannel tag

RaiderGeorge21
11-07-2016, 12:40 AM
Here's a snail repair on the shoulder area

RaiderGeorge21
11-07-2016, 01:58 AM
Should have done my homework beforehand, didn't bother contacting Ken or the auction house before the auction ended or before I placed a bid, already spoke with Ken and he told me if I would like I can return the jersey for a refund..

George

Phil316
11-07-2016, 12:47 PM
George,

If it was me I would be sending it back. I would not feel comfortable owning this piece. Once again just my opinion. Good on Ken for making it tight and offering you a refund.

emann
11-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Also why didn't the jersey come with the GF LOA? I wonder.

Side note to this thread but . . .

I'd just chalk that up to losing the LOA; it seems like this is pretty common. I've bought more than a few items where the LOA is missing but the item is good (example: missing the Steiner paper LOA but has Steiner holo and MLB holo on a jersey).

If the item looks good, it usually won't affect my bidding if the LOA isn't present.

CPuente57
11-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Side note to this thread but . . .

I'd just chalk that up to losing the LOA; it seems like this is pretty common. I've bought more than a few items where the LOA is missing but the item is good (example: missing the Steiner paper LOA but has Steiner holo and MLB holo on a jersey).

If the item looks good, it usually won't affect my bidding if the LOA isn't present.

When I was looking to consign a Shaq Suns Jersey that had a Grey Flannel LOA, I was told Grey Flannel LOA's were not accepted and it would have to be authenticated in house for a fee. That's probably why there is no GF LOA..maybe they just forgot the take off the inventory tag

KGoldin
11-07-2016, 01:49 PM
correct
we do not currently accept Grey Flannel LOAs as acceptable LOAs for our auction and anything sent in with a GFA LOA needs to be re examined by either MEARS if It is pre 1987 , or thru Mediema, or a photo match service if that is a possibility.
This is an unfortunate situation as every auction there is always 'something' that gets pulled before or during the auction when people contact us and we look into it. with 1660 items in an auction, odds are someone, somewhere, with even just 1 item is going to be off. however in this case we were not alerted to anything prior to auction, during the auction, or even after the auction. When we were alerted, I told him if he wasn't 100% comfortable I wanted him to return the jersey.
We do not alter consignors items in any way, so if there was a hang tag affixed it would not have been removed, however whoever wrote this item screwed up by not stating it had a grey flannel hang tag from a prior sale.

Phil316
11-07-2016, 04:08 PM
correct
we do not currently accept Grey Flannel LOAs as acceptable LOAs for our auction and anything sent in with a GFA LOA needs to be re examined by either MEARS if It is pre 1987 , or thru Mediema, or a photo match service if that is a possibility.

Ken how come you do not accept Grey Flannel LOA's as an acceptable LOA ?

Too many issues with Grey Flannel turning over non authentic items ?

LarryWalkerFan
11-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Ken how come you do not accept Grey Flannel LOA's as an acceptable LOA ?

Too many issues with Grey Flannel turning over non authentic items ?

I'm fairly certain you won't get a response to that question, given that GF is a competing auction house, and any defamatory remarks might be viewed as potentially contract interference or something akin to that.

Phil316
11-07-2016, 10:47 PM
You are probably right. Infact my bad for asking. I think we all know the answer anyways.

mrjohnmalton
11-08-2016, 12:14 AM
I think we all know the answer anyways.

That, we do.