PDA

View Full Version : David Freese game 6 2011 World Series Triple on TV

seanbaseball
11-02-2016, 06:22 PM
The 2011 World Series Game 6 9th inning triple baseball hit by David Freese
was on local st. louis tv today. Check it out. Was fun to do.

http://www.ksdk.com/sports/mlb/cardinals/five-years-later-freeses-game-6-triple-ball-finally-found/346388313

NYRangers
11-02-2016, 08:02 PM
That is way cool. Nice work. Congrats!

seanbaseball
11-02-2016, 08:14 PM
That is way cool. Nice work. Congrats!

Thanks!

Sulross
11-03-2016, 12:42 AM
One thing I like about collecting GU stuff is the "detective" work and this is one of the best stories of that unfolding. Kudos!

BTW, I have Freese RBI double from game three, which was inconsequential to the win, but it was still part of two of his MLB postseason records and one of the greatest post-season performances ever by a player. It's by far my favorite GU item in my modest collection.

GoCrazyFolks76
11-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Very Cool!

I would imagine you guys are going to be free-rolling in this hobby for some time to come.

Bestsports
12-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Shocked how low this went. Should have bought for my pc. It was the most exciting game I've watched in my life (and I'm a Yankees fan).

Sulross
12-05-2016, 08:15 PM
I was surprised how low it went, too. The only thing I can come up with is that despite the solid detective work and MEARS authentication, the ball was still only authenticated by MLB as a PITD to Molina, and maybe it was hard to get past that. Just speculating. Any other ideas?

seanbaseball
12-05-2016, 08:36 PM
I was surprised how low it went, too. The only thing I can come up with is that despite the solid detective work and MEARS authentication, the ball was still only authenticated by MLB as a PITD to Molina, and maybe it was hard to get past that. Just speculating. Any other ideas?

I dunno. I thought it would have brought more but game used baseballs are sort of a mystery to me. Ken brought it A TON of attention with TV time and print and I am grateful for this and thus I have to assume it went for fair value. My only thoughts are:

1. One had to really understand that game and more specifically that half inning to understand what happened with the ball

2. People may have mentally downplayed the importance of that hit

3. Its enough removed time wise -5 years- to be sort of forgotten but not enough to be a "classic"

4. I agree that authentication by MLB to pitch in the dirt didn't help

5. Apparently the Cardinals didn't want it.................or Matt Holliday. LOL

6. Its an auction and u need two or three people that have to have the item for it to go to crazy money. See point #5:)

7. I am happy to have owned it with a good friend and had a lot of fun on TV and radio talking about it. Also in my world a $1k investment that turns into $12k in a few months is rocking it!

Congrats to the buyer its a cool item!

sherbal15
12-05-2016, 09:34 PM
It was fun to find and put through the whole process. Ken really did over and above what I would have ever expected. Thanks Ken. Somebody does have a really cool item in their collection - top 10-20 hit of all time on most lists. Certainly one of the most exciting hits I have ever seen in my lifetime. I will never forget it. Only thing better would probably be his homer from later in the game , the bat itself, or the jersey he wore (which was torn in half by the "shredder"). All those items are with David or Cooperstown though. Well one half of the jersey is in Cooperstown lol. I think the cardinals may own the right sleeve and the "card" part of the front. Nonetheless still a piece of the best game I'll probably ever see.

TBM
12-05-2016, 09:59 PM
I saw the the majority of the jersey at the traveling baseball HOF Tour earlier this year. I posted pics of it in this thread.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=68961

Awesome jersey from a great moment in baseball history.