PDA

View Full Version : Three Baseball Display Case

mrjohnmalton
10-21-2016, 04:57 PM
I typically display my game used baseballs in individual Rawlings or Ultra Pro UV cubes, but I am interested in picking up a three baseball display for a particular trio.

http://i.imgur.com/IwSstfk.jpg

I found the case pictured, and it seems quite nice. My question is about the circular acrylic bases that the baseballs rest on. Over time, would this style of base create a circular indentation in the baseball?

yankees506
10-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Same balls in this case for me for five years and they look fine, no ring whatsoever.

mrjohnmalton
10-21-2016, 05:48 PM
Same balls in this case for me for five years and they look fine, no ring whatsoever.

Awesome. I was hoping someone would reply that already had experience with the same case. Does your case have the mirrored bottom, or did you go with colored suede?

yankees506
10-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Mine is a Steiner mirrored bottom case

mrjohnmalton
10-21-2016, 08:04 PM
Mine is a Steiner mirrored bottom case

The picture I posted is from Perfect Cases. They have an option to have the mirrored bottom or you can choose from different suede colors. Seems as though one makes the cases for the other, or they both get their cases from the same place. They are identical down to the design carved into the wood frame.

cjmezz
10-22-2016, 08:38 AM
I don't used the rings, I have seen them leave indentions in the ball.
I actually put the ball in uv ultra pro cubes and then place them in the uv glass Steiner case. Double protection! ;)

Swoboda4
10-22-2016, 03:34 PM
I was just thinking that this morning as I took a look at my 30 ct shadow box with the circular opening. I guess every so often I would move them around to rest on a different spot. But the bigger issue is that the ball cubes, EXCEPT for the Ultra-Pro, all squeeze tightly against the ball on all four sides. You'll see the touch marks on the cube after removing the ball; and over time the ball itself will display wear. EXCEPT, for the Ultra-Pro that has room for the ball. Modell's in New York sells them.

cjmezz
10-24-2016, 08:20 AM
The Ultra Pro UV cubes are the ONLY route to go. They are the best on the market and like you mentioned, room on all 4 sides.

mrjohnmalton
11-02-2016, 05:36 PM
I purchased one of the Steiner three baseball displays last week. I got 50% off with their Halloween promo, so I couldn't pass it up. The baseballs that I am displaying in it aren't autographed, so the sweet spot doesn't have to be front and center. For this reason, I was able to rest the baseballs on the rings stitching down. This creates a gap between the leather and the ring, which should prevent any indentation. There is a rubber type material that they put on the underside of the glass that I assume is to help seal the baseballs up better. When I got the display unwrapped and lifted the glass, most of it came off. I'm deciding whether I should contact Steiner about this or not.