PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Minor League Jerseys of Stars?

clubbiety
10-14-2016, 11:16 AM
Anyone own any minor league game work jersey of MLB stars? If so, are they wise to hold on to or is it better to sell?

What's the market for these (if any)?

bd300
10-14-2016, 12:50 PM
I have Jose Fernandez's jersey from Jupiter. I don't plan on selling it even though the demand might be high now.

TBM
10-14-2016, 04:58 PM
I have several MiLB jerseys from the last few years. No MLB stars yet but one day maybe they will be. I, myself, do not put as much value on a MiLB jersey as I do their MLB jersey. Though that changes on the amount of games they played.

This year I picked up a Raul Mondesi Omaha Storm Chasers jersey (Royals AAA team). He was the Royals #1 prospect in 2015 and 2016 and is the only player to make his MLB debut in the World Series. Anyways, he only played 14 AAA games in 2016 which means he only wore a couple jerseys between road and home games. So that adds in a rarity value too. But maybe next year he plays 100 games in AAA and erases that rarity value. The jersey I have is a special promotion one game one of a kind jersey I won in a jersey off their back charity auction. It was from his 4th AAA game and I'm 100% sure the first one on the open market and quite possible still the only one to ever hit the open market. Does that add any value?

Maybe he will be a big time star or a HOFer one day but I still will not value it more than the MLB Royals Friday home gold jersey from his 10th MLB career game that I also have or any of his other jerseys from the MLB.

The numbers they put up in the MLB are what will drive the price of a players memorabilia and the MiLB stuff is a nice way to cheaply add to or start a collection but not really as an investment. IMHO anyways. I say sell if you can get a good price.