PDA

View Full Version : 2016 MLB Postseason thread

cjmezz
10-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Anyone obtained any pieces from the postseason yet?
Please post them here

Mastercraft660
10-22-2016, 12:52 AM
NLDS Game 3 T-1 Bumgarner to Bryant pitch in the dirt. fly out to LF by Fowler. 1st pitch of the game.

sox83cubs84
10-23-2016, 12:12 AM
I haven't obtained anything but I did notice that in NLCS Game 5 when Carlos Ruiz started at catcher for the Dodgers, he wore Yasmani Grandal's flapless catcher's helmet in the game, and not his own.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
10-23-2016, 06:49 PM
I haven't obtained anything but I did notice that in NLCS Game 5 when Carlos Ruiz started at catcher for the Dodgers, he wore Yasmani Grandal's flapless catcher's helmet in the game, and not his own.

Dave Miedema

Of course, the sports media have spent a lot of time reporting on Anthony Rizzo's sudden offensive surge using one of teammate Matt Szczur's bats (2-tone Marucci). And, to a lesser extent, the sports guys have also mentioned Addison Russell also going on a tear with the bat wearing Szczur's leggings.

Dave M.

metsbats
10-24-2016, 06:01 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/insiderlouisville.com/business/after-71-long-years-louisville-slugger-makes-world-series-bats-for-the-chicago-cubs/amp/?client=safari

Exciting!

mrjohnmalton
10-29-2016, 01:16 PM
I had planned on picking up an Andrew Miller WS baseball to go with the balls I acquired from the ALDS & ALCS, but that may prove to be more difficult than I had anticipated. MLB pulled rank on the game used guys at Progressive & Wrigley, and will be taking all the game used baseballs, bases, locker nameplates, and lineup cards. I assume they will end up on MLB auctions at some point. Hopefully what I am looking for pops up!

sox83cubs84
10-29-2016, 08:34 PM
It's not the first time this happened. At the Cubs-Astros game at Wrigley Field a few years ago which was the Astros last game as a member of the National League, game used baseballs were cut off by MLB and the Astros before they were brought to the game used stand.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
10-29-2016, 08:44 PM
For the postseason, including the World Series, Cubs flamethrower Aroldis Chapman has been wearing caps with a handwritten tribute to the late Jose Fernandez on the front left.

Dave M.

hdavid_27
11-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Noticing tonight on Tomlin's hat you can clearly see the outline of the postseason patch under the World Series logo.

carbonrosa
11-01-2016, 07:40 PM
So where are all the post season and world series baseballs for sale? MLB auctions has auctioned off very few with no world series balls? The one ball I wanted was the Miller strikeout pitch that sold for $790. I was on a cruise and forgot to bid at the end, though $790 is a bit high but since he won ALCS MVP, It will make a nice center piece for a Indians fan. I would definitely get it signed.

mrjohnmalton
11-01-2016, 08:17 PM
So where are all the post season and world series baseballs for sale? MLB auctions has auctioned off very few with no world series balls? The one ball I wanted was the Miller strikeout pitch that sold for $790. I was on a cruise and forgot to bid at the end, though $790 is a bit high but since he won ALCS MVP, It will make a nice center piece for a Indians fan. I would definitely get it signed.

I acquired my Miller ALDS and ALCS baseballs directly from Progressive Field. MLB didn't take any of those. The clubs only saved a few to sell on the MLB auctions site i.e. the Miller strikeout and Lindor game winning hit. MLB is taking all the WS stuff. They did the same last year, and often had items listed the day after each game. Apparently they are waiting to sell everything this year.

Marrdar
11-03-2016, 12:17 AM
NLDS Game 3 Baseball, Giants vs. Cubs.

MLB Authentication Description:

BATTER - JAVIER BAEZ, PITCHER - MADISON BUMGARNER, TOP OF 3, FOUL BALL. ALSO SINGLE TO LF BY RUSSELL. ALSO DOUBLE TO LF BY ZOBRIST. ALSO GROUND OUT TO 3B BY SOLER (BAREHANDED BY GILLASPIE).

Watching the video, the baseball was used for 10 pitches.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x316/Marrdar/Bumgarner%20NLDS%201.jpg (http://s180.photobucket.com/user/Marrdar/media/Bumgarner%20NLDS%201.jpg.html)

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x316/Marrdar/Bumgarner%20NLDS%202.jpg (http://s180.photobucket.com/user/Marrdar/media/Bumgarner%20NLDS%202.jpg.html)

sox83cubs84
11-06-2016, 10:39 PM
One thing I had to laugh at was a State Farm Insurance commercial with a Cubs theme that ran on WGN during the postseason and World Series. The theme covers things that go together, with one of the pairings being Waveland Avenue and souvenirs, and shows two ballhawks going for a home run ball, which one catches. Aside from the fact that the "ballhawks" are actors, and not the guys who actually hang out there on a regular basis, the funniest things is the trajectory of the ball, which was thrown by someone off-camera across the street, not hit from, or even thrown from, the stadium itself. It was kinda lame, to say the least.

Dave M.