PDA

View Full Version : Packaging and shipping

Jim65
10-06-2016, 04:16 AM
When did it become ok to ship game used jerseys in envelopes? I just received $300 worth of jerseys stuffed in an envelope and I think its just unacceptable. This seems to be a new thing, sellers used to always ship in boxes and the great sellers double bagged inside the box but I guess thats too much work now.

Just venting, sorry.

HawaiiSportsNut
10-06-2016, 05:03 AM
I recently won a jersey from the MiLB.com auctions. The jersey was stuffed in the package along with the COA. I am still waiting for the replacement COA, it's been over 2 weeks.

memorabiliaunlimited
10-06-2016, 07:43 AM
i will ship game used jerseys in a large padded envelope. i fold it very nicely and put it in a large padded envelope, add additional tape to the seal, and fully insure it. i dont just stuff it in the envelope. in over 5 years and 200+ envelopes used, i have never had one person have a problem with the condition of a jersey when received when shipped in an envelope (knock on wood). a neatly folded jersey in an envelope is better than cramming a jersey in a ball in a box so when received it is completely wrinkled, which is what i will receive more times than not.

Juicyfruit66
10-07-2016, 12:42 PM
I fold my jerseys in a way that the numbers and crests all stay crisp, double bag it and seal it. I've used boxes for multi jersey shipments but never had an issue with padded waterproof tear proof envelopes. I'm talking baseball jerseys as they seem to be very hard to wrinkle even if you try. it can go both ways, I've had jerseys show up in large boxes that aren't fully sealed and jersey is just banging around not sealed up. In the end I just care that it's not damaged. Each way works well if you take proper steps. My beef is bats shipped in tubes with insecure cap ends...I lost a jose vidro bat once , It arrived empty .