PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think Minor League jerseys in AA get worn for these days?

lengthwise1
09-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Looking at a jersey that is purported to be used by one player in 2014 and another in 2013, however I know the jersey was also used in 2016. Seems kind of far back or do you think there is a chance since its a pretty high number and the set is probably pretty large?

Thx for the feedback!!

lengthwise1
09-26-2016, 07:48 PM
I should have said, it has a patch from 2016 on it, I/m not sure anyone wore it this year...

wfl1974
09-27-2016, 12:08 PM
In my experience, although limited as it is, we have had jerseys that may be purchased in 2013 or 2014 that we still used, however, they were really starting to show the wear and tear. I think that there were a couple of jerseys with high numbers, 51, 52, etc. that didn't get much wear, since the players usually preferred lower numbers, and as a result, hung around for several years. But these were jerseys that were styles that the team consistently used for several years. If a patch or something was affixed to them by the seamstress, it would probably be removed if the jersey was still in good shape after the season was over.
So, while its having a jersey like that in the inventory in 2016 is probably not as common, it would not really surprise me to see some. And, quite frankly, some teams parent organization may not allocate as much in their budgets for new/replacement uniforms, so some stuff may get used a bit more by some teams as compared to others.
I hope this helps.

lengthwise1
09-27-2016, 02:43 PM
In my experience, although limited as it is, we have had jerseys that may be purchased in 2013 or 2014 that we still used, however, they were really starting to show the wear and tear. I think that there were a couple of jerseys with high numbers, 51, 52, etc. that didn't get much wear, since the players usually preferred lower numbers, and as a result, hung around for several years. But these were jerseys that were styles that the team consistently used for several years. If a patch or something was affixed to them by the seamstress, it would probably be removed if the jersey was still in good shape after the season was over.
So, while its having a jersey like that in the inventory in 2016 is probably not as common, it would not really surprise me to see some. And, quite frankly, some teams parent organization may not allocate as much in their budgets for new/replacement uniforms, so some stuff may get used a bit more by some teams as compared to others.
I hope this helps.

Thanks!!

Now comes down to trying to photo match it once I get it, thanks again!