PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Auctions WTF!?

sherbal15
09-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Anybody ever win anything at a Steiner Auction? I won an item back in mid July and waited 30+ days for it to get delivered. I followed up in between the date I paid (which was the night of the auction ending) and the date I received. The response I received was "oh that is with JSA right now....they will be a the national next so I will see if they can bring it". WTF? Since the purchase was only a $250 item I was WAYY too lenient on this. Anyway the item finally comes and it is just "meh". It is an Edgar Renteria home cardinals jersey for those wondering. I put it away and don't think much of it until I see the SAME EXACT LISTING on the Steiner auction currently going on.

I checked my jersey to see if it matched the photos and sure enough it didn't even match the original listing. I was sent a jersey that was not pictured in the auction I won.

I sent an email to steiner asking how this could happen and got "we used a stock photo". How the F do you use a stock photo for a game issued jersey? They tell me they got two and will use a stock photo if they get multiples. I explained that I based my purchase on the photos in the auction because to me, although it said game issued, showed enough "use" for me to take a chance.

Steiner agreed with my logic and said they would accept a return of the jersey I bought for the one listed (imagine that). This was September 14th. I still don't have a return label to print out and send them the jersey back (that was there protocol). The response I last received was "bear with us, the return department is really busy". LMFAO. With service like this? I am not surprised.

I will never do business with this company again. What a joke. It's not that $250 is a huge amount to me because it is not. The principal of this situation and the audacity to use and admit to using a "stock photo" on game used stuff.

Sorry guys had to vent and warn others about the worst auction I have ever been a part of.

Got an experience similar? Please share.

3arod13
09-27-2016, 05:34 AM
I checked my jersey to see if it matched the photos and sure enough it didn't even match the original listing. I was sent a jersey that was not pictured in the auction I won.

This is something that I wish would change. If a picture is going to be added to an auction or listing, then it MUST be a picture of the item in question. Most assume what is pictured, is what they will receive. And it should be!

memorabiliaunlimited
09-27-2016, 07:36 AM
steiner's customer service has been absolutely horrible. it used to be very good but has taken a turn for the worse. a number of good people at that company have left and the customer service has decreased commensurately.

one example, i sent in a game used jersey to be autographed. the signing took place as scheduled, but it took me over 3 months to get the jersey back AFTER the signing took place, and they confirmed it was done. after awhile i started emailing them more than once a week asking for the jersey. their response was that it was still in florida (where the signing took place). it is hard to believe that they have items signed and then dont get them back immediately, let alone months later. to top it off, when it came it was not done according to my instructions (hologram was not placed where i specified). i had to send it back, and that added on another couple of weeks. they have had a number of signings since where i wanted to send items in but have no confidence that it will be done correctly or timely.

ndevlin
09-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Did anyone do the Browns Buyback they did earlier this year? You mailed in old Browns auto'd and they gave you a gift card for each one? It took me forever to get that, and I know a lot of friends who never received it. They ended up running out of cards and wouldn't do anything about it unless you called in. It was absolutely horrible. Worst I've ever seen

sherbal15
09-27-2016, 11:12 AM
How do you run out of your own gift cards? With unreasonable and insane prices they charge you would think they could afford some decent employees. How they are still in business with customer service like this is beyond me.

COWBOYS4EVR
09-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Same happened here.
Purchased or won 6 pylons from the Jags 2015 season about 3 months ago.
I figured since it was a Sunday night, they would process an ship out by latest
Wednesday. Not to mention they sure took the money quickly, 8am Monday.
Wednesday came and gone with no email of being shipped, then got busy with work and family so it skipped my mind after that.

Finally 2 weeks after auction had ended I get the tracking email, then they ship ground UPS so it took another week to get. I open the box (big enough for 6 pylons) to find 2. Thirty seconds later an I'm on the phone with Steiner, two transfers and 14 minutes later I finally get to someone that is actually there to help a customer.

Long story short (and unsuccessfully trying to charge me to ship the other four)
They finally shipped the other four. Oh, and that took a week and a half to get.

ivo610
09-27-2016, 05:35 PM
I clicked this expecting people to be complaining about some of the opening bid prices but yeah not really surprised to see comments about the downfall of their customer service.

Took 3 weeks for them to ship something I bought and that was after numerous voicemails and emails for over a week. When I finally got ahold of someone they said they had been busy and asked if I really needed it that soon. I gave them the option of overnight shipping or refunding my money. I got the helmet the next day. The company is a struggle.

Maybe Brandon should take some time out of his busy schedule promoting himself and pay attention to how his business is being run.

Juicyfruit66
09-28-2016, 10:21 AM
This is the same company that still makes authentication holos with no database right? Haha shocking

64SHEA
09-28-2016, 06:45 PM
They finally started a database you can access on their site. Only 15 years behind MLB.

lengthwise1
09-29-2016, 01:05 PM
I won a Mets clubhouse chair from their auction about 8 years ago, went for barely anything, less than $10 if I remember and then the shipping charge. They didn't call me for weeks and then called to say there was a mistake and they couldn't honor the price it ended at.

Whats the point of an auction then?

sherbal15
09-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Finally got my return label yesterday. This is after I emailed saying to just cancel the request. I have zero faith in actually receiving anything in return should I send my item back. I would strongly urge anyone thinking about participating in their auctions to think twice. Looks like my experience is considered the norm at steiner based on the responses in this thread.

sherbal15
05-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Just thought I'd give this a bump since it seems Steiner could give negative f's about their auction or customer service.

ereyes
05-18-2017, 05:05 PM
I do give an f about our customer service and our auction. We're working to improve our processes across the board. Stay tuned.

Efrain