PDA

View Full Version : Game used baseball cleats

Quiroz4044
09-21-2016, 04:15 PM
Why are game used baseball cleats not as valuable as game used bats?
Some bats will only be used for only a couple of at bats and get a couple of hits out of them. While cleats can be worn for a month or more and have some stolen bases and some great run down plays while being worn.

sorklora
09-21-2016, 07:06 PM
Why are game used baseball cleats not as valuable as game used bats?
Some bats will only be used for only a couple of at bats and get a couple of hits out of them. While cleats can be worn for a month or more and have some stolen bases and some great run down plays while being worn.

That's a great question as cleats are worn for both offense and defense and if someone wins a gold glove....

yankees506
09-21-2016, 07:48 PM
A bat is handled by the player, prepared by the player, swung buy the player. Cleats are just slipped on by the player. Granted the cleats may be worn longer but more thought and time always goes towards the bat. Plus the money is made in seeing the ball and hitting the ball not running around. I'd never value cleats anywhere near bats. Imo

Quiroz4044
09-21-2016, 08:17 PM
A bat is handled by the player, prepared by the player, swung buy the player. Cleats are just slipped on by the player. Granted the cleats may be worn longer but more thought and time always goes towards the bat. Plus the money is made in seeing the ball and hitting the ball not running around. I'd never value cleats anywhere near bats. Imo

I see where you're coming from. I want to buy some Trout game used cleats. I like how they're his own style of cleats and he had a huge part of designing them. And he also the first player since Griffey to have his own style of cleats with Nike

Buccaneer Madden
09-22-2016, 12:26 AM
While they are not baseball I have a pair of Derrick Brooks and John Lynch cleats from the Buccaneers. I can see a bat being more popular for baseball (just as a helmet would be for football) but I think cleats are very cool too.

Roady
09-22-2016, 01:04 AM
And most cleats are both signed giving you two signatures.

BRONXBOMBERS1
09-22-2016, 07:42 AM
I have a large collection of Yankees cleats from the Dynasty! To 2009 all signed as well
I collect cleats because as they say when it's time to call it quits!
ITS TIME TO HANG UP THE CLEATS!

memorabiliaunlimited
09-22-2016, 07:51 AM
i think because bats have always been iconic. bats always have the players name engraved on them, whereas most cleats dont have a way to identify whose they are just from looking at them, especially so in the past (nowadays many cleats are personalized). bats display better and are also seen more often during games and during at bats, whereas cleats are usually covered by long pants and most people dont even think about them.

Shipp_96
09-22-2016, 11:14 AM
I love GU cleats myself, I find them unique and usually easy to photomatch. They look great autographed as well. For whatever reason they are much more affordable too. I admit bats look cool (especially signed) but I still buy cleats when they are the right price.

It's also much harder to a get a player's worn cleats then their GU bat. Some teams auction off as many as 3-5 bats per season for a player. Jerseys are even worse (yet go for the most).

BirdsOnBat
09-22-2016, 11:50 AM
Plus the money is made in seeing the ball and hitting the ball not running around.

Unless you're Billy Hamilton

Quiroz4044
09-22-2016, 12:31 PM
I'm wanting to buy Trouts new white cleats from this year. I love the new design and he has had some awesome plays and stolen bases this year (nothing new)

yankees506
09-22-2016, 01:24 PM
For a player like Trout, whos market is very high, anything game used would be a nice addition to any collection. Just keep in mind that the market for cleats is often a tough re-sale as well. If you can get the cleats at a reasonable price id say do what makes you happy. Then again i havent seen much Trout stuff that id consider "reasonably priced"

BRONXBOMBERS1
09-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Anyone else collects Yankees Game Used Cleats or Helmets!