PDA

View Full Version : How to ship a G/U Jersey??

Westsiders
09-14-2016, 11:29 PM
Not a jersey guy at all, first one I'm shipping out. What's industry standard on how to package a jersey, caked with dirt, valued around 2K? Plastic garment cover, folded, in a box?? Any help is appreciated.

Phil316
09-14-2016, 11:36 PM
I would also use another bag to put the jersey in.

Also make sure and get signature confirmation and also insurance. Some might say not to bother with insurance but those are usually the people who have never been ripped off or lost a package.

Goodluck

Westsiders
09-15-2016, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the response. For those that have purchased g/u jerseys from MLB auctions, how are they packaged?

I appreciate the help.

sherbal15
09-16-2016, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the response. For those that have purchased g/u jerseys from MLB auctions, how are they packaged?

I appreciate the help.

I've only really purchased from Mlb auctions that the cardinals have. They come in a box without any bag around them. Only thing is one sheet of tissue paper - no idea why. The box is generally big so the jersey doesn't wrinkle at all. I have sent jerseys to people many times folded and put inside multiple plastic bags (from local grocery or zip lock. I use a box that is not too small so that the jersry doesn't get all wrinkled up. I make sure to put tape on every part of the box that could potentially let any kind of water in. Signature is a must unless you truly trust the buyer . Insurance is not necessary in my opinion because if it gets lost or stolen the item is often times irreplaceable anyways (but I've never had to file a claim). Of course - it's probably best to let the buyer decide the shipping method and features.

Westsiders
09-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the help guys!