PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Customizing?

madlab7
02-07-2007, 02:37 AM
This thread may not fit here, but I figured if anyone knew someone on the forum would. Does anyone know where to get authentic lettering for jerseys? I am looking for an authentic lettering kit for a road Detroit Tigers jersey that I used to customize a Billy Chapel jersey from the movie For Love of the Game. I am wanting to get Costner to sign it when he comes to town in May and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I already have the jersey, just need the numbers and lettering and was trying to avoid the MLB shop's custom jerseys. Thanks,
Johnny

otismalibu
02-07-2007, 08:04 AM
I used EP before, for an NFL jersey. Not sure what their turnaround time currently is.

http://www.exclusivepro.com/

I'm sure there are others.

suave1477
02-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Good Movie!!!:d

TNTtoys
02-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Exclusive Pro has done a jersey for me, and the quality was top notch. Turnaround time was approximately 6 weeks.

I have also used authenticlettering.com and have had equally good results, although they have been given mixed reviews on this forum. I have had no less than 6 jerseys done by them, and all came out great. In fact if you search this forum, you should be able to find my photos of these jerseys in completed form.

Finally, Grandstand Sports. They are top notch as well, though pricy.

Ironically, all of the above are in the Chicago area -- I wonder why?

My recommendation is to send the jersey and get the lettering sewn on by the professionals. The entire job (depending upon hw complicated the lettering is) should run you between $40-60 STITCHED. The kits alone sell for approx. $20, and then you are faced with all of the work -- and more than often, without the know-how or the equipment.

MikeSimon
02-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Who does the lettering for the pro teams? For example, what company does the lettering for the Red Sox?

Mike

madlab7
02-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks to everyone that responded. Exclusive Pro looks like it is going to be the one for me. I have tried to contact authenticlettering.com several times in the past and they have never gotten back to me so I kinda gave up on them.
As far as who does the major league jerseys? We use RJ Liebe CO. (granted we are a minor league team) but if you visit their websie they have done some major league teams also in recent times.

Thanks everyone!

ChuckFoPrez
06-28-2007, 03:24 PM
EPS will no longer do NFL customizations:

The NFL has sent us a new contract for licensing and they have made some minor adjustments. We are no longer allowed to do anything with NFL for our retail. We are only allowed to service current NFL jerseys sent by NFL authorized dealers (with plenty of changes). We are unfortunately no longer able to do any strips, add nameplates, etc. We can still provide these services for NHL, and MLB, but nothing NFL. Please let the Next Level Talk community know about this.

Thank You,
Exclusive Pro Sports

Also we can continue to do NBA and college.

Thank You

Eric
06-28-2007, 06:02 PM
I wonder if this will mean those unscrupulous folks using EPS to add patches and nameplates to game cut jerseys will have to go elsewhere to get their "game used by numbers" items....

Nilbog
06-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Eric,
I see your point in the GU hobby but my website is up in arms on this decision. lol. It's unfortunate that true collectors cannot utilize EPS. their work is outstanding. I've had many authentics done by them. Do you know if they have worked on many team/game-issued jerseys? Are/were there any glaring examples of sellers trying to pass an EPS customized jersey as the real thing? It's too bad that EPS would do work on such items without tagging or leaving some sort of mark on the jersey indicating it was their handywork.

ChuckFoPrez
06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Eric,
I see your point in the GU hobby but my website is up in arms on this decision. lol. It's unfortunate that true collectors cannot utilize EPS. their work is outstanding. I've had many authentics done by them. Do you know if they have worked on many team/game-issued jerseys? Are/were there any glaring examples of sellers trying to pass an EPS customized jersey as the real thing? It's too bad that EPS would do work on such items without tagging or leaving some sort of mark on the jersey indicating it was their handywork.

Nil,

The Huxtables do exactly that with their customizations:

http://i22.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/a7/2f/ca4f_1.JPG