PDA

View Full Version : D. Wright NDLS Jersey on eBay

ruhoos
08-29-2016, 11:03 AM
I've been wanting one for a while and would love this one, but the MLB authentication sticker gives me pause. It definitely looks as if it's been moved. Has anyone else seen this before? Am I just being paranoid? Thanks for the info!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Wright-Game-Used-Jersey-New-York-Mets-Postseason-MLB-Dodgers-Baseball-/201655909945?hash=item2ef3a0fe39:g:Ct4AAOSwhOdXpLv Y

Longroad23
08-29-2016, 01:12 PM
I believe that the hologram was damaged while being put on. I have had a few Brewers jerseys that had the same issue that I got directly from the team.

If the hologram was moved it would look like this.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll258/23packers/Capture45_zpspkcvmftk.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/23packers/media/Capture45_zpspkcvmftk.jpg.html)

metsbats
08-29-2016, 08:50 PM
I agree too. It's impossible to move a hologram without destroying it. The hologram looks good other than that bald spot on the left hand corner which could have happened when it was first applied.

Phil316
08-29-2016, 10:59 PM
This same seller is selling a fake Barry Bonds supposed game used jersey. He has been made aware of it twice now via eBay.

He is also selling a questionable Griffey supposed game used jersey notified with concerns via eBay.

Just be careful.

64SHEA
08-30-2016, 01:18 AM
I am always paranoid when buying items from other sources, so this would definitely give me pause. I will say though, I rencently bought a pair of Wright pants from the Mets and the holo has a similar issue.

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz288/thebeast1011/IMG_20160830_020948563_zpsine9a2en.jpg (http://s836.photobucket.com/user/thebeast1011/media/IMG_20160830_020948563_zpsine9a2en.jpg.html)

lengthwise1
08-30-2016, 02:28 PM
I will agree with everyone that I've seen small anomalies with holograms being put on like we see here, but to say you can get one off without damage is straight wrong. If its properly affixed to a ball or bat, I'd say absolutely, but I've had multiple Rockies gamers where the hologram was not full affixed and I moved it to a placement like the jocktag seen here and it looks flawless.

I'd feel pretty good about that jersey, just figured that fact should be made...

grandeleague
08-30-2016, 08:08 PM
This same seller is selling a fake Barry Bonds supposed game used jersey. He has been made aware of it twice now via eBay.

He is also selling a questionable Griffey supposed game used jersey notified with concerns via eBay.

Just be careful.

Is the griffey questionable or is it simply unsubstantiated at the moment? There is a big difference. The griffey appears to be at least game issued, meaning it has proper size etc but has no provenance or LOA from Griffey. Being unsigned, I wouldnt expect a COA from Griffey. The Wright has a LOA from mets and a mlb holgram. How could he have a COA from the mets for the jersey and the jersey not be legitimate?

lengthwise1
08-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Is the griffey questionable or is it simply unsubstantiated at the moment? There is a big difference. The griffey appears to be at least game issued, meaning it has proper size etc but has no provenance or LOA from Griffey. Being unsigned, I wouldnt expect a COA from Griffey. The Wright has a LOA from mets and a mlb holgram. How could he have a COA from the mets for the jersey and the jersey not be legitimate?

The mets have sold a bunch of team issued playoff & ws jerseys so in theory he could have got the GU and an issued once and moved the hologram. I'm not saying thats the case, but thats how it could happen....

Reality is, I've seen various mets items with a hologram like that. There is a July 4th Syndergaard hat on ebay with the same issue.

Roady
08-31-2016, 10:02 AM
I had a jersey once straight from MLB that the hologram was barely affixed to the laundry tag on the front of the jersey. I took it off and put it on the number on the back of the jersey.
I have also had a baseball come in from MLB with a damaged hologram. They replaced the hologram with a new one and a different number.

Roady
08-31-2016, 10:04 AM
That hologram just looks like it has been scraped against something during handling or when they put it on.

metsbats
08-31-2016, 06:38 PM
I will agree with everyone that I've seen small anomalies with holograms being put on like we see here, but to say you can get one off without damage is straight wrong. If its properly affixed to a ball or bat, I'd say absolutely, but I've had multiple Rockies gamers where the hologram was not full affixed and I moved it to a placement like the jocktag seen here and it looks flawless.

I'd feel pretty good about that jersey, just figured that fact should be made...

This is good to know that moving a mlb hologram is possible. I guess if it was not fully or securely attached it's doable.

memorabiliaunlimited
09-01-2016, 04:45 PM
i remember when this jersey was on MLB auctions - the hologram was the same way in their auction photos. i think its safe.

64SHEA
09-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Here (http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1101001&auctionId=830311) is the auction page. Looks like a match.

lengthwise1
09-06-2016, 12:37 PM
looks like somebody saved 1k, anyone here win?

memorabiliaunlimited
09-06-2016, 06:06 PM
looks like somebody saved 1k, anyone here win?

yours truly. fantastic price.

metsbats
09-06-2016, 08:10 PM
From 2k to 1K. What a bargain! Was not me.

TNTtoys
09-08-2016, 08:31 AM
And now it's back up on ebay!

Presumably the buyer thinks he got a bargain and only bought it to flip it???

metsbats
09-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Is the new seller is the member who posted its a fantastic price?

memorabiliaunlimited
09-08-2016, 12:54 PM
And now it's back up on ebay!

Presumably the buyer thinks he got a bargain and only bought it to flip it???

yessir. it ended for a fantastic price compared to what it originally ended for and compared to what i have been able to move wright jerseys for in the past. may not sell to a member of this forum, but it will eventually sell for more than what it ended for in the ebay auction.

grandeleague
09-08-2016, 04:32 PM
From 2k to 1K. What a bargain! Was not me.

My opinion is it often takes more money to buy a jersey off mlb auctions than it does once a jersey leaves mlb's hands and enters the secondary hobby. Its like buying a car. Often a depreciating asset. I have paid four figures to get a jersey from mlb that would bring substantially less were it being sold from collector to collector. Jersey scalping seemes to be all the rage. Its his right to do so but notice how jerseys being flipped are always make offer. Few have the stones to auction one no reserve because often they would have a sad face once the auction gavel dropped.

memorabiliaunlimited
09-09-2016, 10:39 AM
My opinion is it often takes more money to buy a jersey off mlb auctions than it does once a jersey leaves mlb's hands and enters the secondary hobby. Its like buying a car. Often a depreciating asset. I have paid four figures to get a jersey from mlb that would bring substantially less were it being sold from collector to collector. Jersey scalping seemes to be all the rage. Its his right to do so but notice how jerseys being flipped are always make offer. Few have the stones to auction one no reserve because often they would have a sad face once the auction gavel dropped.

agree. winning an item in an auction only to reauction very shortly thereafter will only result in a loss. in many instances, there is room to be made on top of an auction end price if taking offers. not everyone sees the auction, and these items are worth what someone is willing to pay.