PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR THE OWNER of this Walter Payton Jersey.

bryzzo2016
08-27-2016, 11:34 PM
This jersey was sold on eBay a while back by Chuck's Vintage Jerseys. I was wondering if the current owner could contact me at tjmm1723@yahoo.com.

I'd definitely make it worth your while if you were willing to sell it.

Thanks !

Samets
08-29-2016, 07:00 AM
You realize it's a retail jersey with a Wilson tag, right?

bryzzo2016
08-30-2016, 04:32 PM
Is it a Mitchell and Ness ?

bryzzo2016
08-30-2016, 06:06 PM
So basically you are saying the Wilson tag was added later, and this is not an authentic Wilson jersey from 1983 ? It was sold on eBay by a fairly reputable seller (Chuck's Vintage Jerseys). How can you tell it's a modern-day retail with an old tag ?

bryzzo2016
08-30-2016, 06:55 PM
Here are some better pictures of the jersey.

I'm just trying to learn here, so everybody's input helps.

If this is a retail jersey with a Wilson tag, what brand is it really ? And what are the signs you see in these pictures that indicate your conclusion.

Thanks !

-----------------------------------------------------

Samets
08-31-2016, 07:12 AM
As far as retail, that's just a hunch of mine. It almost looks like a single layer of material is used since I can see the orange of the numbers from the other side in one of the pictures. That's not period correct.

Heat pressed elements are done using wrong material. Once you see and feel a real early to mid 80's Bears jersey you will know what I mean with respect to the heat elements. It feels like really heavy and dull rubbery substance.

The shoulder numbers (smaller) and the size of the letters on the name tag (shorter) look wrong as well.

The sleeve stripes are much shorter than what was used up to late 80's.

The GSH patch is also made from the wrong material.

There's simply everything wrong with it!