PDA

View Full Version : Ryne Sandberg Game Used Jacket: Year

mcastellon
08-19-2016, 09:06 AM
I'm trying to pinpoint what year this Cubs jacket would date to. It's a Wilson brand, and aside from the tags and logo I can't really tell what year or season this would have been issued. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

both-teams-played-hard
08-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Wilson tag dates to approximately 1978-1985.

I am not an expert. Can't give an opinion on authenticity.

The handwritten "SANDBERG" tag looks painfully contrived.

ironmanfan
08-19-2016, 12:03 PM
would Ryno wear a size 40 jacket?

twarman17
08-19-2016, 12:41 PM
He wore a 42 from the time he came up with the Phillies through the time period stated by the earlier post. Not saying this is fake, but the size does call into question. Would need really solid provenance directly tied to Ryno for me to buy it.

mcastellon
08-19-2016, 01:07 PM
The size 40 is something that stood out to me, as well. I purchased this directly from a hospital administrator who was given this directly by Sandberg as part of some charity work, so I feel pretty good about it. Regardless, I plan on submitting it to Mears for a more thorough inspection.

buc
08-19-2016, 02:34 PM
The size 40 is something that stood out to me, as well. I purchased this directly from a hospital administrator who was given this directly by Sandberg as part of some charity work, so I feel pretty good about it. Regardless, I plan on submitting it to Mears for a more thorough inspection.
Sent you a PM...email me.