PDA

View Full Version : Please help this seller!

Jeffredsfan
08-09-2016, 07:20 AM
I've been trying to explain to the seller that the ball he is auctioning has very little value. Please review the auction and send your comments to the seller. He thinks I am trying to low ball him on the price. I've told him that I have zero interest in the ball, which is true. I think this is the case of a non-collector thinking his item is worth a fortune. Thanks for your help!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262313831065?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

truvalue123
08-09-2016, 07:44 AM
I don't understand why you have such a passion for enlightening this seller...

Jeffredsfan
08-09-2016, 08:24 AM
Because I think the more knowledge people have about this hobby, the better off we all are. Plus, I pride myself on being honest and upfront with dealings in the hobby and the seller seems to think I am trying to pull a fast one on him.

Popinjaysnamesir
08-09-2016, 09:52 AM
I saw this listing too. It's been up a while. I think he'll figure out the value over time when no one shows any interest.

I just chuckled and moved on.

G1X
08-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Crazy asking price, perhaps, but it seems no more ridiculous than the outrageous prices charged by some MLB teams for game-used jerseys, balls, lineup cards, and various other game-used items.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Juicyfruit66
08-09-2016, 12:40 PM
A homeless man who was at the ballgame caught the ball? How much are tickets there? Looks like it's a scammer trying to sucker people into a pay it forward type deal. He's hoping some weirdo will pay him like a sugar daddy to pay his tuition

Stanley
08-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Tickets were $14 for lawn seats at that stadium. It was a Spring training game in 2007. He said the guy looked homeless. Looks like a new account on ebay that opened from Canada. I would say the story is true. Looks like he made a little display with ball, and ticket when he came home from the game. And yes, I would say he believes it is worth more because of the memories he has about it. But I don't think I'd give him a hard time about it. I've seen guys buy lots of things for money than there worth. He might find the another person that was at that game, and wants it for his memories.

Jeffredsfan
08-09-2016, 02:56 PM
When I asked him about the ball, specifically who hit the home run, he said Chipper Jones. I agree 100% that the ball will have more "value" to someone who attended the game than on the open market.

Juicyfruit66
08-09-2016, 04:52 PM
If chipper jones was the guy who hit it that's pretty integral to put in the listing, oh well everyone can ask whatever they want for stuff....