PDA

View Full Version : RE: Problem with check i sent to a member

JRocker49
02-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I had a case of idnetity theft with my bank through a paypal spoof well they cleaned out my bank account and th ebank closed my account so i unfortunately had 1 check go unpaid to one of our members montemac. i di dnot have his contact info he just contacted me 25 min ago and i will be making restitution to him next friday / pay day figured i would keep the forum in the look. also monte stated he would post on the forum when he receives the mo my deepest apologies Monte
Ken Golem

33bird
02-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Had the same thing happen with Paypal. Would have been cleaned out except our bank smelled something fishy going on and called us and they put a stop to all activity on our account. After that I was done with paypal. I've heard too many horror stories about the same thing. There's a site out there where everybody posts their horror stories about being cleaned out of money because of paypal. Beware.
G.todd

camarokids
02-04-2007, 12:12 PM
thru paypal spoof? did you put your info into a phony email ? :confused: I have had paypal for a long time.... no problems yet .... confusious says.......? ? I don't know know, what does he say ? I hope I don't have any problems.... watch for the ebay phony emails and even the local banks are getting hit.....seriously are you using a virus scan too and never answer emails asking for info..........delete ... delete...delete them b*stards:p.....

JRocker49
02-04-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah i just downloaded a security package from norton it should help also i will of ocurse neevr anwaser any emails for info ever again. thankfully my bank is going to reimburse me just takes a few weeks since the trasactions were made overseas using my visa debit card and thankfully visa/ the bank provide some protection. but it is still a major pain in the a?? and inconvience to me and others

Elite
03-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I posted on this thread before and he said that he would get a check out to me, that Friday. Well that has been well over a month ago and now he is not turning any of our emails.

Elite

worldchamps
03-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Ken

Maybe Karma caught up to you.

Bill

aka Travis Haefner bat never paid for.

pujols916
03-24-2007, 08:20 AM
I had paypal issues but it was my stupidity i got that email and put my info in there BANG 500 GONE IN 10MIN ,,, of course i got it back paypal put it back after phone interview emails and 2 weeks , but my foult not paypal they have been great to me lloll my money right

JRocker49
03-24-2007, 08:42 PM
i refunded payment by money order 3 weeks ago and have not seen any emails

kj33706
03-25-2007, 11:21 PM
ken did the check you sent me ever clear just wondering i haven't looked at my statement let me know
kj

JRocker49
03-26-2007, 05:44 AM
yeah over a month ago my friend it is all good