PDA

View Full Version : Almost got burned with this "GU" Correa jersey

DirtyT
05-21-2016, 11:17 PM
Was considering buying this Carlos Correa "game used" jersey from his high school days in Puerto Rico, until I did some of my own research and found out it was fake. It had an LOA from Dave Miedema and the auction house it was purchased from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carlos-Correa-Miedema-LOA-GMMI-LOA-Game-Used-Jersey-2011-High-School-PRBAHS-/222106789242?hash=item33b698a57a%3Ag%3A7VUAAOSwn9l XKTfM&nma=true&si=M8C7GgqDSF4wnLP%252B6uXWBlVnlp0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Upon doing my own research, I couldn't find a single picture of Correa wearing a jersey that was the same style or number as this so I became suspicious and let the seller know. He then came up with the great idea of looking for pictures of the Correa teammate that the auction house purchased this jersey from, and sure enough he was able to find pictures of him wearing this jersey!

So obviously the kid lied about this being Correa's jersey. It was actually his. The seller immediately pulled it from Ebay and notified the auction house of our findings, and the auction house agreed to issue him a refund.

memorabiliaunlimited
05-22-2016, 01:49 PM
yes - i was very disappointed to find out this was not authentic as well, but was very happy to figure it out before someone purchased it. once i had the jersey in hand, i was able to do quick research and determine it was not genuine, and that the kid who "purchased the jersey directly from correa", as stated in the GMMI LOA, was full of it. i immediately removed it from ebay and notified all parties that i knew had previously owned the jersey. luckily everyone was great and there were no issues with the return, all the way up the chain.

i believe miedema is a member here - would love to know how you were able to determine it was game used by correa? as mentioned, it had a letter from you, along with GMMI (whoever they are).

DirtyT
05-22-2016, 04:47 PM
yes - i was very disappointed to find out this was not authentic as well, but was very happy to figure it out before someone purchased it. once i had the jersey in hand, i was able to do quick research and determine it was not genuine, and that the kid who "purchased the jersey directly from correa", as stated in the GMMI LOA, was full of it. i immediately removed it from ebay and notified all parties that i knew had previously owned the jersey. luckily everyone was great and there were no issues with the return, all the way up the chain.

i believe miedema is a member here - would love to know how you were able to determine it was game used by correa? as mentioned, it had a letter from you, along with GMMI (whoever they are).

I would definitely like to know this as well!

sox83cubs84
05-22-2016, 08:58 PM
Truthfully, I had forgotten about ever viewing this jersey until seeing this thread and my LOA. Obviously, I was in error, although I can't recall what I checked on to offer the opinion that I did. My apologies to all involved in getting it wrong.

Dave Miedema