PDA

View Full Version : Pujols home at goldin

sherbal15
05-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Currently goldin has an 06 home white Pujols authenticated by Dave m. I have tried to Photomatch the jersey based on additional pics from goldin. I noticed something odd and I am hoping someone can share their opinion. The end of the bat on the front of the jersey has a blob of black threads rather than a defined line like you normally see.

If this jersey wasn't examined by Dave m I would consider it a "bad" jersey, but I know he is an expert and very thorough in his exams.

Thoughts??

Birdbats
05-12-2016, 08:11 PM
That jersey likely was made using a 2003 shell, which is probably why you couldn't find a photo match from 2006. :)

I wrote an article a while back about how to distinguish 2003 Majestic shells from those used in 2004 and later.

http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats/Birdbats/Notes%20and%20Articles/2003%20Jersey%20identification.htm

G1X
05-18-2016, 10:33 PM
That jersey likely was made using a 2003 shell, which is probably why you couldn't find a photo match from 2006. :)

I wrote an article a while back about how to distinguish 2003 Majestic shells from those used in 2004 and later.

http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats/Birdbats/Notes%20and%20Articles/2003%20Jersey%20identification.htm

Just now reading this thread. I am not exactly clear on what is being stated. Could someone please clarify?

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

sherbal15
05-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Just now reading this thread. I am not exactly clear on what is being stated. Could someone please clarify?

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

The jersey auctioned doesn't match the characteristics of a 2006 Cardinals jersey. It matches more with a 2003 version. Jeffs article which is linked in his post does an excellent job explaining what the differences are.

sherbal15
05-20-2016, 09:55 PM
Judging by the dirt-low final price, I'd tend to believe you did.

Dave M.

What is your opinion on jeffs article?

seanbaseball
05-21-2016, 08:58 AM
Anyone know if this auction actually completed(it looks like it did) or if it was pulled last minute?

KGoldin
05-21-2016, 12:47 PM
No sean
The jersey was not shipped

sherbal15
05-21-2016, 01:39 PM
That's interesting that it was not shipped. Did the winner not pay for it? Or was the issue with authenticity?

I was bidding on the road Pujols and it was pulled three weeks into the bidding. When I questioned the auction staff they told me the photomatches could not be verified....I'm not sure why it would take so long for that to be an issue - would think it would have been an issue prior to auction starting not towards the end of the 3rd week of bidding.

KGoldin
05-21-2016, 01:48 PM
Didn't ship meaning item was pulled.
Any time we get an inquiry we look into it.
We liked the photo match but could not get a third party loa and we're waiting on a photo matcher who was reviewing it when catalog went to print, which is why catalog said " apparent match" as opposed to photo match with a photo match loa.
We then received details on why it would be specifically excluded from being that jersey and we pulled it.
I will not go into naming names, but there are times when an item gets authenticated by a well respected, very large company ( and there are several of them in the business ) and when new information is pointed out to us, we bring it to their attention and sometimes based on that information they pull the loa.

I would think as opposed to complaining about something late in the game you ar happy we strive to get it correct, be it prior to the auction, during the auction, and in some cases after the auction even if it means voiding a sale.

sherbal15
05-21-2016, 02:00 PM
I would think as opposed to complaining about something late in the game you ar happy we strive to get it correct, be it prior to the auction, during the auction, and in some cases after the auction even if it means voiding a sale.

Thanks for your reply - Sorry if you thought I was complaining about the item late in the game. Glad you got that "big well known company" to pull the LOAs.

sox83cubs84
05-21-2016, 05:46 PM
What is your opinion on jeffs article?

We discussed it...he apparently saw something that I didn't.

Dave M.