PDA

View Full Version : Question About Getting A Game Used Jersey Signed.

JustinHunterFan15
05-06-2016, 01:12 AM
Been a long time reader of the forums but first time really posting I have the chance this weekend to get one of my favorite items in my collection signed by my favorite player and have been debating about getting it done. It is a titans white jersey with the blue numbers on it its a rookie season jersey with a few commemorative patches on the front would you personally get it signed on the front of the jersey since it has those details or would you get it signed on the back of the jersey since his name is on the back? Not sure what peoples usual preferences are to that. Also what is the best pen/paint marker to get a jersey signed in never really had the chance to get them done before do you have to prep the jersey in any way so the auto shows up well? Usually the only stuff I ever get signed is cards,baseballs, and game used bats never gotten a jersey signed before.
Thanks for any help,
Trevor

Phil316
05-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Trevor nice to see your post.

This is strictly an opinion but I would have the back number signed. Especially if you ever decide to sell or trade it.

I know Preston on this forum is a huge titans fan and has a few signed jerseys so maybe he can chime in and give you some advice on what pen is best to use on a white titans jersey.

Goodluck.

thomaslynch
05-06-2016, 09:49 AM
With blue numbers, my opinion would be to have it signed on the back number in a sliver sharpie or a silver paint pen.

memorabiliaunlimited
05-06-2016, 10:05 AM
i agree with the other 2 members who have provided an opinion - definitely on the back of the jersey, on the number, and in silver ink. hope it works out!

Preston
05-06-2016, 05:32 PM
I agree with the others....silver paint pen but MAKE SURE IT IS PREPPED PROPERLY when getting it signed.

Guessing you're going/gone to the Titans Caravan? Great place to get them but get there EARLY if you do. Like an hour two before it starts.

JustinHunterFan15
05-07-2016, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the reply fellas, yeah thinking about hitting up the Caravan early in the day tomorrow if im able to fit it into my schedule been wanting to get the jersey signed now for awhile. Thanks for the tips much appreciated to you all!

VanPoppelFan
05-07-2016, 06:29 AM
What others said. Silver PAINT PEN (NOT SHARPIE). You can get them at places like Michael's. And like Preston said, definitely have that thing prepped (shaken/pressed down to where you get a nice flow coming from the tip)! While I'm standing in a line, although I've already got it prepped, I hold on to a note card or whatever, and press it down every few minutes to keep it ready.

I may sound paranoid, but I've had a few times where the flow wasn't great (old/dry paint pen, not ready, etc.) and the signature isn't as vibrant (and can even look faded out). Those guys have a lot of autographs to tear through, and although you can request they use whatever marker/pen you hand them, they need it to be easy/ready to use.