PDA

View Full Version : Phillies MLB BP jerseys...NOT!

sox83cubs84
05-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Ebay seller proplayermarketing has a number of Phillies BP jerseys up on the Bay right now, advertised as being worn by Jimmy Rollins, Pat Burrell, Shane Victorino, and other MLBers. The problem is, all have no names on the backs, and, according to Phillies guru Howard Wolf, who alerted me to this, the MLB Phils last used NNOB MLB BPs in 1996. All of these are post 1999, based on the MLB logo on the back of the neck. We both believe these to be minor league Phillies jerseys, even with the "LOA" signed by J. C. Romero.

An attempt to contact the seller via eBay was made, but the seller blocks specific questions.

Dave Miedema

Wrigley2010
05-06-2016, 01:34 AM
The vast majority if not all of their items originated from celebzdirect. Whether this is a sister company of celebz or just a flipper is unknown to me. I'm guessing the first option.

Retired Old Guy
05-06-2016, 09:06 AM
This past month the same seller was selling a 1996 batting helmet worn and signed by Dante Bichette with a letter from Dante stating it was a game used helmet worn by him during the 1996 All Star game in Philadelphia. The red helmet with the 96 All Star game logo is a souvenir helmet sold at the game. The players all wore their own team helmets during the game. I went to the trouble of rewatching the game on you tube to double check it. I also tried contacting the seller stating he didn't have to believe me, but check out the game on youtube. He never responded.

beachpetrol
05-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Is Florida a safe haven for fraudulent sports memorabilia sellers? Seems like a majority of them come from down there.

Phil316
05-06-2016, 02:44 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=61738&highlight=hgpdiamond

Please take note of the user id changes. This is the famous Hgpdiamond/movieusedprops and now proplayermarketing.

That is 2 name changes in less than a year.

I got duped into buying a couple items from Hgpdiamond AKA proplayermarketing. Although both my items checked out (i have since traded them) be VERY careful as these guys are a sister company of celebz Direct.

Both of those companies use pre typed and facsimile signatures on thier COA's making it very easy to pass off something that it is not. Lots of items are misrepresented and have been called out here in the forum.

sox83cubs84
05-06-2016, 03:06 PM
It looks like there are more faux MLB Phillies BP jerseys being offered on eBay. Item #282029534632 is being offered by a different seller and falsely attributed to Greg Dobbs. The seller was contacted and stated that "I have the LOA that says it is". Watch out on this one, also.

Dave M.

Phil316
05-06-2016, 03:43 PM
The seller was contacted and stated that "I have the LOA that says it is". Watch out on this one, also.

Dave M.

It still amazes me people will take a Letter Of Authenticity/Opinion as the end all be all. Even if presented the facts.

sox83cubs84
07-06-2016, 05:09 PM
It looks like there are more faux MLB Phillies BP jerseys being offered on eBay. Item #282029534632 is being offered by a different seller and falsely attributed to Greg Dobbs. The seller was contacted and stated that "I have the LOA that says it is". Watch out on this one, also.

Dave M.

This seller is back again with the faux Dobbs at the very least. He did offer a response, claiming that the Phillies told him it was worn by Dobbs. No change to his listing

Dave M.

emann
07-07-2016, 03:58 PM
It still amazes me people will take a Letter Of Authenticity/Opinion as the end all be all. Even if presented the facts.

+1

sox83cubs84
08-31-2016, 08:41 PM
Pro Player Marketing has still more MiLB Phillies red jerseys being offered as MLB Phillies BP shirts. The latest include NNOB shirts from the minors being touted as Shane Victorino. J.C. Romero and Freddy Galvis, all with Celebz Direct/J.C. Romero LOAs.

Dave M.

sox83cubs84
05-11-2017, 09:06 PM
The seller has 2 more minor league Phillies BPs being presented as MLB BPs. This time. it's a #50 (supposedly Jamie Moyer, but sans NOB and a size 50:p ) and a #52 (Jose Contreras, supposedly, but still without a NOB as well, a fixture of Phillies MLB BPs since before the 2000 season). Seller has been advised several times in the past about the misrepresentation, and has never addressed his listings to reflect the erroneous description.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
06-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Pro Player Marketing recently posted another MiLB Phillies BP jersey offered as a MLB gamer of Michael Bourn. Buyer Beware!

Dave M.