PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day & Fathers Day + every special event hat this year!!

Wrigley2010
05-01-2016, 03:35 AM
I know some of my fellow GUU members do not like all the specialty/commemorative game used gear that floods the market every year. The fact that it grows substantially every year makes this an even bigger issue for the hobby we all love. My team the Chicago Cubs are certainly one of the worst now that they are competing and looking for extra revenue any which way they can get it. There always seems to be a specialty baseball to commemorate even the most minute accomplishments.

With that being said, I absolutely love the new Mothers Day and Fathers Day Hats that each team will be wearing this year. In fact I've already ordered my Mothers Day Cubs hat and as soon as the Fathers Day is available I'lll be snatching one of those up too.

The sad part is no matter how badly I want one of the game used ones they will certainly be outside of what I'd be willing to spend on one. I'm guessing even a guy like Javier Baez who I collect extensively will fetch well north of $600. Bryant, Rizzo and even an absolute stud like Bryce Harper will all probably fetch $$$$ that would otherwise equate to a really nice bat of a HOFer.

The reason for my rant is I would love to hear your thoughts on the new Mothers and Fathers Day hats. Do you like the style, the fact that there is now a hat for these days etc. Along with that, what type of value do you see these GU hats having now and down the road? Does being the "first" of something equate to added value down the road when talking about game used hats?

I know just about everyone has seen the new special event hats but I added photos of all the new unique themes to this thread as well. Love the All Star Game hats and the decorative ventilation holes. Not sure how I feel about the HR derby/Work Out Day Hats... I'm sure they'll grow on me.