PDA

View Full Version : Yadier Molina jersey at Heritage

onlyalbert
04-26-2016, 04:56 PM
Heritage is selling a purported 2004 rookie Molina jersey. I have contacted them about the jersey as it was auctioned previously a couple years ago. Back then, myself and Jeff Scott of Birdbats did some research on the jersey. They claim it has to be an 04 jersey because there is no Final Season patch which was worn by the Cards in 2005. However, what they fail to mention is that this jersey could also be a 2005 ST shirt as the Cardinals have never worn patches in ST that would later be worn during the season. Furthermore, Jeff has a 2005 ST road jersey that was purchased directly from the team and the extra coding in the wash tag under the 0062 matches this Molina jersey exactly. Also, in 2004 the Cards went to the WS and jerseys hanging in the players lockers would've been patched for WS play. At the Cards' Fanfest in Jan 2006 there were 3 Molina 2004 WS jerseys auctioned off. As an unknown rookie in 04 Molina would not have received a ton of jerseys to begin with.........not saying this jersey in NOT a 2004 rookie shirt but the evidence points otherwise. This post is an FYI so make up your own mind before bidding. Still a nice jersey either way. And yes, Heritage was contacted and they assured me all of this info would be passed up the chain.....however, nothing in the copy was changed.