PDA

View Full Version : question about a muhsin muhammad jersey I just won

uracowman
02-01-2007, 07:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290076507203

Tags were cut off but I have dealt with Elite Sports Marketing(ESM) before and they are pretty legit.They sell alot of game used stuff and all of their authenticated items always pass psa authentication.They also have signing deals with many players like alex rodriguez,frank thomas ect.Do you think it is real and did I get a good deal?

uracowman
02-01-2007, 11:16 PM
any opinion?

josports
02-02-2007, 03:05 AM
I did look at this jersey on ebay and I personally was not comfortable with the jersey for these reasons: First, let me say that I am not saying the jersey is not good, just that I would not buy it for myself or advise anyone I know to. The tail being cut does not bother me, missing the jock tag. What would bother me is no swatch tag in the neck. The bears game jerseys should all have the swatch tag in the neck indicating the year and size and possible cut identifier if needed.

Now, there are several teams in the league that do not have the swatch tags in the neck that would have the seperate year and size tag sewn into the bottom of the Reebok jock tag. So saying that, if the jersey was custom cut and shortend in the tail it would be missing the year and size flap tag along with the Reebak tag in the tail. BUT the Bears jerseys are not made that way they ALL have the swatch tag in the neck area inside the sewn nameplate. Last, I would never buy any game jersey that is autographed boldly on the number unless it was accompained with a PSA/DNA authentication stating it is a GAME WORN jersey versus an autographed game cut jersey. Good Luck.

uracowman
02-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I did look at this jersey on ebay and I personally was not comfortable with the jersey for these reasons: First, let me say that I am not saying the jersey is not good, just that I would not buy it for myself or advise anyone I know to. The tail being cut does not bother me, missing the jock tag. What would bother me is no swatch tag in the neck. The bears game jerseys should all have the swatch tag in the neck indicating the year and size and possible cut identifier if needed.

Now, there are several teams in the league that do not have the swatch tags in the neck that would have the seperate year and size tag sewn into the bottom of the Reebok jock tag. So saying that, if the jersey was custom cut and shortend in the tail it would be missing the year and size flap tag along with the Reebak tag in the tail. BUT the Bears jerseys are not made that way they ALL have the swatch tag in the neck area inside the sewn nameplate. Last, I would never buy any game jersey that is autographed boldly on the number unless it was accompained with a PSA/DNA authentication stating it is a GAME WORN jersey versus an autographed game cut jersey. Good Luck.
That was actually the main reason why I was mulling over whether to bid on it for now.To be honest, the ONLY reason why I bought it was because ESM is a pretty reputable company.I have done 2 previous deals with them before and they seem legit.If you also look at their other auctions,they have alot of game used items.I gave them a call a few days earlier because there was a willis mcgahee game used jersey for sale that I wanted but went for way too much.They said they have some guys who work at I believe it was either the stadium or for the actual team who gets game used items for them.

Again any more input would be appreciated.

josports
02-02-2007, 01:31 PM
What more input do you need?? What you may be looking for is for someone to just flat out tell you it is good or not? You seem to accept Elite paperwork so then you should feel fine about your purchase. I gave you exact information you need regarding your Bears purchase that everyone who knows game used Bears jerseys would agree 100%. Good Luck.

Also not to worry on your McGahee miss. Elite just happens to have another McGahee game used jersey with a nice bold autograph on the number. So I am sure this one should fall in your range. By the way I do believe and nice McGahee Game Used jersey with wear is personally worth $1700-2100. Didn't see any wear on these two, plus that nice bold autograph goes a long ways.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Willis-McGahee-Signed-Game-Used-2005-Bills-Jersey-ESM_W0QQitemZ290078936151QQihZ019QQcategoryZ86829Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is next chance but trust me it wont be the last to find a McGahee.

kingjammy24
02-02-2007, 04:51 PM
you were aware of the issues with the jersey however purchased it anyway, stating "..the ONLY reason why I bought it was because ESM is a pretty reputable company". that's the only reason you bought it? not because it properly measured up? you based an entire purchase solely off the LOA and not the jersey. the jersey had issues but apparently you didn't care. the ESM name was all you needed. if the ESM name was all you needed, then what sort of input are you looking for?

"They said they have some guys who work at I believe it was either the stadium or for the actual team who gets game used items for them."

well if that's what they said, then what more is there? how can you doubt such a rock-solid story, especially when paired with a questionable jersey?

by the way, care to buy a joe montana gamer real cheap? i use to cut montana's lawn. afterwards, the two of us would go out with bo jackson for buffalo wings. montana gave me the jersey after i beat bo in a wing-eating contest. to this day, bo still doesn't know i cheated by bribing the waitress to make his wings extra hot. oh, the good old days.

p.s. this forum is filled with stories about ESM. just use the search function and type in "elite sports".

rudy.

34swtns
02-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I own several Bears gamers but chose not to bid on this one for the same tagging issues that have been described above. Just my opinion, however.

beavisrules
02-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I agree with the others about the tagging on that Bears jersey

as for ESM, I bought from them once myself - got a game used 1999 Rams jersey from them several years ago that I am happy with and still have; I will note they once had a Rocket Ismail jersey on ebay they called game worn that was clearly retail a year back, but otherwise most of their listing have looked pretty good (but I'm no expert compared to a lot of the other posters on this board, so take it for what it's worth)

bottom line: always do your research before bidding; if you're happy with the jersey, that's the most important thing

uracowman
02-03-2007, 12:53 AM
bottom line: always do your research before bidding
I have a question for anyone who collects bears jerseys.I have seen jerseys and read places saying that on bears jerseys do not have that tag inside on the collar.Can anyone clarify this for me?

indyred
02-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Dosen't Game Exclusives have a deal with the Bears on there game used jerseys? Probally worth giving them a call and see if they got Muhammad's jersey from this season or not.

CollectGU
02-03-2007, 11:21 AM
I have a question for anyone who collects bears jerseys.I have seen jerseys and read places saying that on bears jerseys do not have that tag inside on the collar.Can anyone clarify this for me?

Every Bears jersey offered through game exclusives has the collar tagging including the Muahmmad ones they offer.

Regards,
Dave

34swtns
02-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Right. But to clarify, Game Exclusives is not Elite Sports Marketing correct? Or does ESM have a deal with GE that allows them to auction items on ebay that aren't selling on their website?