PDA

View Full Version : SmallTraditions.com - positive experience

danesei@yahoo.com
04-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Last month, I won three baseballs from David Thorn's SmallTraditions.com auction house. I asked if he could have two of the balls authenticated with his standard order (to save me on shipping fees). He agreed to do this for me.

He regretably informed me that the two balls had both not passed JSA Authentication: one failed and one came back could not determine. Anyway, Mr Thorn refunded my money for my entire auction order AND sent me the third ball I won at his expense. I was very surprised and pleased by the extent of his dedication to customer service.

I know this isn't an autographed items forum, but good customer service is always something we look for. They don't have a lot of gamers, but have a decent selection in their current auction (ends 30 Apr, I believe).

sportsnbikes
04-26-2016, 01:40 PM
Authentication is such a scam.

danesei@yahoo.com
04-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Authentication is such a scam.

I disagree. There are certain instances where an item is questionable or a rare version of an individual's signature where having a pair of eyes other than your own can be beneficial.

sportsnbikes
04-27-2016, 11:34 AM
I disagree. There are certain instances where an item is questionable or a rare version of an individual's signature where having a pair of eyes other than your own can be beneficial.

Well when I have items signed directly by an individual and they say they are not authentic when I know for a fact they are, it makes me not trust them. And they were good looking signatures. Plus the COUNTLESS stories I have heard from others with this very same thing. Then you get items that look NOTHING like a persons signature but they authenticate them.

But I digress. I am glad you had a positive experience with your seller. Many do not.