PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Wisconsin Badgers Helmet

jonschuette
02-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I have a Wisconsin Badgers helmet that has the "Bowl Championship Series" ABC TV network sticker on it along with the NCAA sticker on the back. On the front is a 'Big Ten' sticker right above the face mask. I was wondering if anyone can offer me any provenance on it.
jschuette@russell.com

DrJ
02-01-2007, 07:55 PM
To me it looks pre-BCS era, like a PAC-3 style with waffle pads. I personally would prefer a VSR-3 or VSR-4, Schutt AiR or Revolution. Look on the end side of the rectangle pad strip and you should see a date, there should also be a circle with the date on the inside crown. Hope this helps, all just my opinion.:confused:

jonschuette
02-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks DrJ.
In looking at the helmet, the face mask has Schutt Manufacturing Co. printed on it. As far as the year, there is a circle embedded into the helmet's inside crown with an 02 over 79 (02/79). Also on the outside back of the helmet is another inscription that says "Meets NOC-SAE Standards"

Jon

DrJ
02-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Your welcome. That means it was made in 1979 (at least that's my understanding of the date wheel). The facemask is Schutt, but the helmet is a Riddell due to the ridge running down the middle - I think it's a PAC-3 style from what I can see of the pads and due to the screw on back, PAC-3 were common during the time period this helmet was made.