PDA

View Full Version : Doing business with Chris Boyd aka game-used-bat

Sulross
04-17-2016, 10:55 PM
I posted a question about a Berkman bat I'd bought from Chris after reading about his practices here. After reading the responses, I returned the bat and was going to leave it at that, but he got really upset that I told him that I didn't trust his merchandise because he admitted doctoring bats and I saw no reason to believe he was any different now. He said he wasn't going to "lay down" for this and kept at it. I left neg feedback so other buyers would at least have a warning about dealing with him.

After this, he claimed the bat and Celebz LOA were returned damaged and he was contacting eBay and his lawyer. Then a few minutes later, he relisted the bat with the same pictures from the orig auction showing no damage (and disclosing none). See below.

I'm all for forgiving people who dishonest things if they earn my trust, but all I see from this guy is more dishonesty and denial.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lance-Berkman-2000-Game-Used-Houston-Astros-ROOKIE-Bat-Signed-LOA-Luis-Lopez-/272215572790?hash=item3f61500136:g:VYEAAOSwZ8ZW458 I

Sulross
04-18-2016, 01:12 AM
Guess I need to post an update to avoid confusion. After I called Chris on his relisting the bat with no mention of the "damage" he accused me of causing, he revised the listing to remove the orig pics and included new ones of the claimed damage. BTW, he had signed for the bat for a full two days earlier and had issued a full refund and only claimed damage after I left the neg feedback.

What's amazing is that I was concerned about something like this happening and packed the bat and LOA with extra care, so he apparently crumpled up his own LOA and scraped off part of the Celebz holo to try to keep his story straight.

Here's the orig listing with the pics of the unmolested holo and LOA: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lance-Berkman-2000-Game-Used-Houston-Astros-ROOKIE-Bat-Signed-LOA-Luis-Lopez-/322046786358?nma=true&si=X2TpHBNRWGjMEmXYvRX96FbtsbQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Phil316
04-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Some people never change. Doctoring his own items to show return shipping damage. What a joke. Good on you for making this thread. All we can do is hope other people see this.

Juicyfruit66
04-18-2016, 12:03 PM
I know how hard it is to try and peel of a celebz direct sticker due to my infamous vlad Guerrero signature removal debacle....it seems odd a box could peel off that much of the sticker, they are pretty much stuck on there, u gotta scrape em off. Fancy explanation how the box could have done this?

Juicyfruit66
04-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Any not fancy....spellcheck