PDA

View Full Version : Majestic MLB Jersey changes for 2016

lakeerie92
03-25-2016, 02:32 AM
This season Majestic is rolling out a new style of jersey as an on field authentic for teams. Some of you have already noticed. The new jersey is FLEX BASE over the previous COOL BASE. I am not sure of all of the changes right now but I have noticed the tucked in tail portion is a lighter material and the Majestic logo on the sleeve will also now say Majestic. Feel free to add any other differences if you have noticed them.

whoman
03-25-2016, 03:38 AM
Is this what you are talking about Russell? Here is a Yankees jersey with what appears to have a different material added to the rear tail of the jersey.

Juicyfruit66
03-25-2016, 09:06 AM
Absolutely hideous for collectors

slab0meat
03-25-2016, 10:39 AM
Absolutely hideous for anyone who wears a jersey untucked. The retail authentics are the same way I believe.

GoCrazyFolks76
03-25-2016, 11:44 AM
Just Awful.

Guess we'll all be displaying jerseys front facing from now on.

memorabiliaunlimited
03-25-2016, 09:24 PM
they could have at least continued the pinstripe down into the tail if they were going to use a different material.. that looks horrendous. are all of the tails going to be white? even colored and grey jerseys? it probably wont be as noticeable for regular home white jerseys though.

jbean023
03-25-2016, 10:10 PM
If every jersey looks like this my bank account will be thrilled this season because I won't be buying any of these.

slab0meat
03-25-2016, 10:21 PM
they could have at least continued the pinstripe down into the tail if they were going to use a different material.. that looks horrendous. are all of the tails going to be white? even colored and grey jerseys? it probably wont be as noticeable for regular home white jerseys though.

Colored jerseys match, mostly.. They're not white. Still have that dumb arc at the bottom though.

lakeerie92
03-25-2016, 11:19 PM
Is this what you are talking about Russell? Here is a Yankees jersey with what appears to have a different material added to the rear tail of the jersey.

Yes that is it. It seems as if the pinstripe jerseys will be the worst looking because the pinstripe doesn't continue all the way down. The solid colors it isn't as noticeable on.

I did see that the retail authentic jerseys do have the same tail, but I also noticed it was harder than normal to find retail authentic jerseys than I had in the past. That may change as these become more readily available.

It won't really have any effect on me collecting because I collect based more on use than look and I don't display my jerseys, but I know some collect on look, use or both.

esigs
04-02-2016, 07:20 AM
In addition to the tail, the same mesh fabric will be used under arms, and it won't look very nice on pinstripes jerseys.

Other changes include using ChromaFlex MLB logos on uniforms, instead of the old embroidered ones, and a few teams switching to matte helmets.

The article linked below has a complete rundown of all the changes in uniforms by team. If you collect Padres and Diamondbacks, you will have many new styles to add to your collection.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15099445/uni-watch-2016-mlb-season-preview-uniform-changes-alternates-patches-more

dnrapp
04-02-2016, 10:01 AM
It sure looks to me that the pinstripes go all the way into the tail in the Rockies uniform in that picture.

lengthwise1
04-02-2016, 10:03 AM
I got a Syndergaard Throwback Flexbase and all the lettering on it is kiss cut

Juicyfruit66
04-02-2016, 12:02 PM
The Rockies Jersey is a great example of how stupid these look. Pinstripes go down in front but lower back is blank ? Am I seeing this correctly? Are they nuts? Who would buy these?

memorabiliaunlimited
04-02-2016, 05:20 PM
In addition to the tail, the same mesh fabric will be used under arms, and it won't look very nice on pinstripes jerseys.

Other changes include using ChromaFlex MLB logos on uniforms, instead of the old embroidered ones, and a few teams switching to matte helmets.

The article linked below has a complete rundown of all the changes in uniforms by team. If you collect Padres and Diamondbacks, you will have many new styles to add to your collection.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15099445/uni-watch-2016-mlb-season-preview-uniform-changes-alternates-patches-more

cool article. interested to see what the new mothers and father day jerseys look like.

esigs
04-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Not a jersey, but another change to the uniform: Dodgers' new helmet has a 3D logo and matte finish. 👍 or 👎🏽?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15187003/uni-watch-la-dodgers-unveil-3-d-look-batting-helmet

esigs
08-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know why the US flag on the July 4th jerseys is the mirror image with the stars on top right instead of top left?

carbonrosa
08-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Here's an explanation from usflag.org:

"The regulation states that when authorized for application to the proper uniform the American flag patch is to be worn, right or left shoulder, so that “the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward. The appropriate replica for the right shoulder sleeve is identified as the ‘reverse side flag’.”

esigs
08-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Here's an explanation from usflag.org:

"The regulation states that when authorized for application to the proper uniform the American flag patch is to be worn, right or left shoulder, so that “the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward. The appropriate replica for the right shoulder sleeve is identified as the ‘reverse side flag’.”

Thank you. I had no idea that there is a regulation on how to wear a flag on uniforms.