PDA

View Full Version : Saved by a glitch!

centauri
03-24-2016, 11:20 AM
Woke up this morning to an email from ebay - a GU Jason Kipnis bat I have been looking for for a while was now available! Based on the few pics, it looks OK.

I open up the ebay app on my phone, pull up the listing. It is buy it now. I enter my info, hit send and then my internet cuts out - the offer never goes through. Ugh. Try again, nothing. I figure I'll wait until I can access my work laptop.

When I finally see the pics on the bigger screen, I spot the problem - the word "dios" is written on the label. This is a clear sign the bat was used by his teamate Carlos Santana who writes that on all his bats. Perhaps both used it, but in any case it is not the right one for me. I check images, and I can't find any time Kipnis had that written on his bat. Saved by my data cutting out at the last second.

FYI - if anyone wants to sell me one, let me know!

sox83cubs84
03-24-2016, 05:57 PM
I'm glad to see that an internet snafu helped someone for a change.:) The few I've had have always cost me a chance to bid on an item in the last minute, and most of those times my bid would have won the item.:mad:

Dave Miedema