PDA

View Full Version : Kobe All Star Jersey sells for 100k

joshmiller0
03-18-2016, 05:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15000968/kobe-bryant-jersey-2016-all-star-game-sells-100000

Same guy usually buys all of the all star jerseys.. pretty crazy

sportscentury
03-18-2016, 11:27 AM
I don't find the price at all surprising. Kobe's top pieces regularly sell for strong prices.

ivo610
03-18-2016, 02:33 PM
I don't find the price at all surprising. Kobe's top pieces regularly sell for strong prices.

doubling the previous record surprises me

sportscentury
03-19-2016, 09:24 AM
doubling the previous record surprises me

I understand and I'm sure you're not alone. I'm privy to private sale data regarding some of Kobe's top items, so the $100k+ realized price didn't surprise me. In addition, there are public data from other auction houses (e.g., when Ken auctioned off the items from Pam Bryant) that point to both the strong values Kobe's top items bring as well as the ascending direction of Kobe's market trajectory. The $100k+ realized price may raise a few eyebrows now, but the data suggest it was a smart investment.

joshmiller0
03-20-2016, 06:18 AM
I understand and I'm sure you're not alone. I'm privy to private sale data regarding some of Kobe's top items, so the $100k+ realized price didn't surprise me. In addition, there are public data from other auction houses (e.g., when Ken auctioned off the items from Pam Bryant) that point to both the strong values Kobe's top items bring as well as the ascending direction of Kobe's market trajectory. The $100k+ realized price may raise a few eyebrows now, but the data suggest it was a smart investment.

It's only worth what it is worth to the buyer... I've spent hundreds on jerseys that my friends wouldn't spend $20 on...