PDA

View Full Version : Newport Sports Museum

dalarsen08
03-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Does anyone on this board happen to know anyone or anything about this Museum and its extensive collection?

It is now closed and I have been unsuccessful tracking down former employees or a point of contact from this museum.

I recently picked up a jersey and cleats which were previously displayed at this museum and I am trying to learn more information about my items.

Your help is appreciated.

metsbats
03-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Most if not all of the collection was auctioned off by SCP actions over the last several years.

dalarsen08
03-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Most if not all of the collection was auctioned off by SCP actions over the last several years.

Yes, I recently picked up an item from the Superbowl 50 auction which came from the museum. I have been trying to find anyone I can talk to who may have previously been affiliated with the museum.

gorilla777
03-09-2016, 01:30 PM
The owner of the museum was essentially selling off his collection, trying to fully retire. Also, the cost of maintaining the location for all those years was costly and I believe there were a couple of smash and grab break-ins towards the end that made the choice easier....so getting in touch with John may be tough. I can go by there and see if anyone is still working out of the location, but I kind of doubt it, as it's expensive real estate to hang on to and it was a big space....

Thanks,

Ben

SharksFan
03-13-2016, 07:50 PM
PM me, I will give you Johns cell number.

mook03005
03-14-2016, 07:49 PM
i visited here when i lived in Riverside a couple years back. Such an awesome collection in a good location.

gorilla777
03-14-2016, 08:53 PM
i visited here when i lived in Riverside a couple years back. Such an awesome collection in a good location.

I agree!

bama0037
03-15-2016, 08:51 PM
PM me, I will give you Johns cell number.

I too recently picked up an item from the Newport museum at auction and had a question. I tried sending u a pm but it says you don't accept them. Can u please send me an email to ptgrad2004@yahoo.com
Thanks John