PDA

View Full Version : ebay cardinals' flapless helmet!

momen55
02-21-2016, 10:19 PM
anyone here buy this? it sold for 635. item number 121893984482. i contacted the seller about some issues with it but as usual, sellers don't want to be told their product is bad.

Juicyfruit66
02-22-2016, 01:24 AM
Now I want to know....I love hearing about discrepancies with old stuff it helps us learn

momen55
02-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Going by all the helmets I've owned over 20
Plus years, that top, "batwing" shaped pad
Was introduced in the early 70's, as was pro celd
Material. Helmets being used in the mid to late
60's were still fiberglass.

R. C. Walker
02-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Going by all the helmets I've owned over 20
Plus years, that top, "batwing" shaped pad
Was introduced in the early 70's, as was pro celd
Material. Helmets being used in the mid to late
60's were still fiberglass.

So, technically the product wasn't "bad".

Was the stated era the only thing wrong with it? Is it not a game used Cardinals helmet?

Maybe the buyer knew what he was getting.

BirdsOnBat
02-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Was the stated era the only thing wrong with it? Is it not a game used Cardinals helmet?

It was listed as a McCarver helmet, hence the larger price tag. I don't know much about batting helmets but based on Momen's info, it could be associated with a variety of players.

R. C. Walker
02-22-2016, 10:11 PM
It was listed as a McCarver helmet, hence the larger price tag. I don't know much about batting helmets but based on Momen's info, it could be associated with a variety of players.

I could have been listed as Dick Allen which would have increased the price even further. He wore #15 in 1970, then Jerry McNertney 71-72 and again by Tim McCarver 73-74. Like I said, maybe the buyer knew what they were getting.

When someone posts that an item is "bad", explain why. If it's just attributing an item to a wrong era or player, state that.

I would like to know why the helmet is "bad"?

BirdsOnBat
02-23-2016, 07:14 AM
If it's just attributing an item to a wrong era or player, state that.

My assumption is we disagree on the use of the word "just" here

momen55
02-23-2016, 12:20 PM
I could have been listed as Dick Allen which would have increased the price even further. He wore #15 in 1970, then Jerry McNertney 71-72 and again by Tim McCarver 73-74. Like I said, maybe the buyer knew what they were getting.

When someone posts that an item is "bad", explain why. If it's just attributing an item to a wrong era or player, state that.

I would like to know why the helmet is "bad"?

not bad, more so misrepresented. it is a cardinals' helmet. we don't know whos though. could have been minor league used.