PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining MLB footage from 1970s

Justin_NL
02-13-2016, 09:19 PM
Any idea on how to obtain footage? MLB archives, only spot?

Regular season games from 1973....

ironmanfan
02-14-2016, 05:33 PM
for a regular season game, virtually impossible unfortunately...highlight films exists for the All Star Game & WS

Bhawk2
02-20-2016, 12:27 AM
Rare Sports Films (raresportsfilms.com) has a few old games on DVD, and you can find a few on offer if you search the internet. There are all kinds of radio broadcasts, but very few games on tape. I don't know why. There are more and more games and clips on youtube, so maybe we'll start seeing some of the old games again. They can be very interesting. I saw a clip of Mike heath of the Oakland A's running into a wall against the Yankees. The clip was just a few minutes long on youtube, and I have no idea where it came from or why it was posted. At the end of the clip, Rickey Henderson appears wearing a jersey with the number 39 and no name on the back. At that point he had been in the league for 2 weeks. Most rosters show him wearing only #35 in 1979, but here is video evidence that he started with a different number, and of course Oakland always had the NOB during this time period.