PDA

View Full Version : PirateFest In Pittsburgh

Utopian2630
01-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else went to PirateFest over the weekend. I just found out about it Friday morning at work and figured I'd check it out since they were featuring game-worn items there. Overall the selection was 'decent', in that if you were quick, you could score a few Turn Back The Clock jerseys (both game-issued and worn) for $50. I ended up getting a '79 gold Ryan Doumit and Homestead Grays Sean Burnett. Also got a blank home Homestead Grays and Pittsburgh Crawfords for $50 each and a grey Homestead Grays Brian Giles for $50. Also a 1903 Turn Back The Clock JJ Davis for $50 As for current players, they were featuing many home '06 with the All Star Patch and mayor O' Connor memorial patches for around $100-$300 depending on the player. I got a Jose Hernandez with the all star patch for $125. However, for Pirate 'stars' the selection was nil. They had a Jack Wilson warm-up for $300 and that was about it.

The thing was, they kept re-stocking the jerseys every hour or so which meant you basically had to hang around that area to jump on the new arrivals. All and all, not a bad outing, $425 for 6 jerseys wasn't bad. No real stellar names, but I've always wanted to get my hands on some Turn Back The Clock jerseys. A friend of my mom's father played for the Homestead Grays so I am going to see about having him sign the blank jersey which would be really cool.

Any other members have a chance to check out PirateFest?

Nathan
01-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I didn't check it out, but I'd be interested in that Brian Giles jersey.

Drop me a line at rockytopreb@hotmail.com if you'd like.

TNTtoys
01-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi -- am interested in your '79 gold TBC jersey if you have any intention of selling it... I can be reached at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com.

gatorcollector
01-31-2007, 12:59 PM
A couple of days ago I bought an 05 David Ross home jersey on Ebay from a guy who had just picked it up at Piratefest. Another nice addition to my Gator collection! He's got some others for sale. Here's the link to the Ross jersey I bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110084690946&rd=1&rd=1

Here's the rest of my collection: http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/gatorcollector/jerseys/