PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Needed: Is it worth getting a game worn jersey autographed

dabbuu
02-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sportskansascity
02-03-2016, 11:36 PM
I think it is a personal preference. I know some GU jersey collectors hate to have a jersey signed and some love it. Are you wondering for resale value?

dabbuu
02-03-2016, 11:48 PM
I think it is a personal preference. I know some GU jersey collectors hate to have a jersey signed and some love it. Are you wondering for resale value?

Not now but maybe eventually. I don't want to kill the value of some rare jerseys by getting them autographed. I just don't know enough.

Juicyfruit66
02-04-2016, 06:48 AM
personally I own a andres galarraga helmet as well as pants but am choosing to just get a blank rawlings jersey autographed by him. I figure photomatching proves the items were worn by him and when he wore them they didn't have signatures on them. I'd rather have him sign period pieces that aren't game worn but that's just me. Bats on the other hand are kind of cool to get signed if they are team issued but don't show much use, I'd be hesitant to get a hammered bat signed for same reasons (not to kill it's game used authentic state). It's all up to each person I guess, I know a signature doesn't ruin anything but sometimes I just like items without it

HawaiiSportsNut
02-04-2016, 05:37 PM
I personally would not get a game used jersey signed. An extra game issued, maybe. As a buyer I would pay less for a signed gamer, & yet someone else would be willing to pay more. If it is for your own personal pc, go with what your heart tell you. There is no "REAL" right or wrong.

vince182
02-04-2016, 06:20 PM
I would always pay a premium if the jersey were to be signed. Any jerseys i have sold in the past ALWAYS sold for more than un-signed ones.

Sportskansascity
02-04-2016, 08:36 PM
I would also pay more for a GU jersey signed as well. I know some collectors who won't buy a GU jersey if it has been signed though.

dabbuu
02-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts It seems as though it's about 70/30 overall to not get game worn jerseys signed.

volunteer
02-05-2016, 01:04 AM
I would not want it on the jersey unless it's a pretty rare signature. I have seen to many signatures that game out messy or signed in a bad location with a worn out marker.

esigs
02-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Like people said, it's a personal preference. If I buy an unsigned GU jersey, I would not get it signed, but if I find a GU jersey that fits my collection and the jersey is already signed, that won't stop me from buying it. However, I would not be inclined to pay a premium because it's signed.

Chess2899
02-05-2016, 01:18 PM
I like my game used jerseys signed and if they inscribe "game used", I like it even more. I don't ask for any other inscriptions on my game used signatures because it hurts the authencity. Foe example, I will get Hank Aaron to sign a game used 1967 bat but don't want 755 home run inscription because he didn't have 755 homers at the time he used the bat.

sorklora
02-09-2016, 04:34 PM
I also prefer any of my game used items signed as it definitely enhances the value to me and most collectors and would sell for more down the road. If you can get a game used inscription, that's even better. In no way would a signature ruin the value as even if they signed over some "game use" you could still see the use under the signature. That's just my two cents.