PDA

View Full Version : NFL Auctions

RKGIBSON
01-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Has anyone else noticed items that are incorrectly listed or items that are not exactly as represented in NFL Auctions lately? A prime example is the Tim Dwight, 2005 game used vs Bills, Chargers jersey up for sale now. Dwight was not on the team in 05, 87 is Keenan McCardell's number. I emailed this info to the the first day of the auctions and have received no response. The pictures do not show the complete tagging so I am guessing as to what year the jersey really is. It looks like a 2 or 3 for the year font. The 03 jersey should have a patch on the chest. The 02 jersey is for sale in Leland's auction that is running now. That only leaves 04, but the portion of the tag does not look like a 4. The PSA-DNA number 1N29527 that is assigned to this jersey says it is a 05 jersey. It was recently validated in 2006. The Leland jersey has PSA-DNA # 1N04267 which says it is the 02 jersey.

All the Charger helmets that have been recently sold have had the chin straps changed on them, the Chargers have the player nmbers on the end of the straps. When I emailed them about it they say, the equipment manager changed it, or the player kept it, or it got lost. They do not know. I ask why they put one on that was not used instead of just leaving it off? They replied with answer, that looked like a 4th grader wrote it, saying "if you don't like send back we sell someone else".

The other items I noticed are jerseys that are from years past that have incorrect year tagging for the year they say they are used in or called game used when they are not. I bought a jersey listed as 03 Reggie Wayne. I comes in tagged 02. In photo matching the jersey I find that his sleeves are totally different in 03 from the jersey.

I have always trusted NFL Auctions. Now I believe every items must be questioned.

Roger

Eric
01-28-2007, 10:58 PM
FYI
Tim Dwight switched to #87 is 2003
You're right, that the 2003's should have the JB Patch for the late GM John Butler, BUT does the blood on the numbers look like a nice match here from the '03 game where they used throwbacks? I think it's a patchless '03

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=2545607&cdi=0

Has anyone else noticed items that are incorrectly listed or items that are not exactly as represented in NFL Auctions lately? A prime example is the Tim Dwight, 2005 game used vs Bills, Chargers jersey up for sale now. Dwight was not on the team in 05, 87 is Keenan McCardell's number. I emailed this info to the the first day of the auctions and have received no response. The pictures do not show the complete tagging so I am guessing as to what year the jersey really is. It looks like a 2 or 3 for the year font. The 03 jersey should have a patch on the chest. The 02 jersey is for sale in Leland's auction that is running now. That only leaves 04, but the portion of the tag does not look like a 4. The PSA-DNA number 1N29527 that is assigned to this jersey says it is a 05 jersey. It was recently validated in 2006. The Leland jersey has PSA-DNA # 1N04267 which says it is the 02 jersey.

All the Charger helmets that have been recently sold have had the chin straps changed on them, the Chargers have the player nmbers on the end of the straps. When I emailed them about it they say, the equipment manager changed it, or the player kept it, or it got lost. They do not know. I ask why they put one on that was not used instead of just leaving it off? They replied with answer, that looked like a 4th grader wrote it, saying "if you don't like send back we sell someone else".

The other items I noticed are jerseys that are from years past that have incorrect year tagging for the year they say they are used in or called game used when they are not. I bought a jersey listed as 03 Reggie Wayne. I comes in tagged 02. In photo matching the jersey I find that his sleeves are totally different in 03 from the jersey.

I have always trusted NFL Auctions. Now I believe every items must be questioned.

Roger

RKGIBSON
01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
The jersey does not look like it ever had a patch on it. It may be detectable if it was in hand.

The marks on the numbers are some kind of paint. Every Charger jersey I have has the same substance on it. I attached a picture of my 2006 LT with the same paint.

The marks do look very similar to the pictures. I just thought the edge of the number resembled a 2 more than a 3, and it may be a 02 used in 03. I ask for the collar tag info and got no response.

At any rate we know it is listed wrong as a 2005.

Thanks, Roger

allstarsplus
01-29-2007, 07:13 PM
I ask why they put one on that was not used instead of just leaving it off? They replied with answer, that looked like a 4th grader wrote it, saying "if you don't like send back we sell someone else".

Roger
Roger - This type of response basically tells me they don't care about their customer base.

Its a shame, but I am not surprised.

With multiple bidders willing to pay $3,000+ for a kicker's jersey with dirt on the back (#3 Matt Stover Game Worn Jersey (http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=77732321&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=78079031)http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/blank.gif Current Bid: $3005.00
Number of Bids: 60 ) nothing suprises me on the NFL Auctions.

Cha ching cha ching $$$$$$$$$$. They are printing money!

I need to find customers like SJacobs414 and VMTyler from NFL Auctions. They can bid on my items anytime!!! I bet they never emailed how a kicker's jersey got dirt on the back!

Andrew

RKGIBSON
01-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Andrew,

You exactly right. The focus is on the money now. When NFL auctions started, I thought it was the best thing that had happened to us collectors of game used football. A guy name Daniel Schmit, if my memory serves me right, is who I alway talked to and seemed to handle it all. Everything was first class. Its obvious that some there do not know what they are looking at. It may go back to the individual teams equipment guys tagging the items incorrectly. Basically it means we have do do our homework before bidding.

As far as prices, I will have to admit overpaying for some NFL auction items but the bottom line is they are real. My main focus in collecting is that all items are real and game used.

Roger