PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas Bat on Ebay

ndevlin
01-30-2016, 10:35 AM
Or that was on Ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-EARLY-90s-FRANK-THOMAS-GAME-USED-LOUISVILLE-SLUGGER-BAT-WHITE-SOX-/262266129128?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=1oqXJcxxFDvxNtydjzSs0sDBxzg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And then it was relieved with a BIN for $300. If that isn't telling....

This Ebay seller purchased the small collection this last Monday off of CL. He told the CL seller that he was buying everything for a "friend who was on chemo for cancer", and that "it would be the boost he needs for sure in a tough time". So the CL guy cut him a deal and sold the items to the EBay guy.

Then, on a move as low as you could go, puts everything on Ebay for 4 times the amount paid. The guy came up with a fake story about a friend with cancer so that he could immediately purchase the items off the CL seller. Now, I don't care about making profit, but when you come up with a fake story, about cancer out of everything, that makes you the biggest scum on the earth.

Now, onto the Thomas bat...

I know this bat was asked about earlier this week and no one had an answer quite yet. I myself almost bought the Thomas bat but I was not set that it was a bat actually ordered by Big Hurt since the bat was pre 1990.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Thomas bat? As for the seller, he's scum!

earlywynnfan
01-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Dumb Q: what is CL?

ndevlin
01-30-2016, 01:17 PM
CL is Craigslist.

Juicyfruit66
01-31-2016, 12:15 AM
Couldn't that be the bat of a player with last name Thomas from that period? There's more than one THOMAS in baseball during that period who could have ordered a bat.....hopefully the sig is real if the bat isn't

sox83cubs84
01-31-2016, 10:46 PM
I have seen over the years a few Andres Thomas C243 LS bats (there may be other models as well) from the late 1980s sold as Frank's minor league lumber. Such bats are a problem area.

Dave Miedema

Juicyfruit66
02-01-2016, 01:54 AM
Same seller is selling a "game used" Tim Raines glove with a back story so mysterious and vague it's almost comical. I had posted another thread on it without realizing it was the same seller. You gotta love how his price drops so quick.

ndevlin
02-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Same seller is selling a "game used" Tim Raines glove with a back story so mysterious and vague it's almost comical. I had posted another thread on it without realizing it was the same seller. You gotta love how his price drops so quick.

Correct, all of the white sox items came from 1 person from Craigslist.

I'm all about ppl making money, but I don't like people coming up with a fake story and using cancer as the excuse. That's real low.