PDA

View Full Version : Mauna Kea Bag from 1960s autographed

crisco511
01-28-2016, 11:20 AM
Hi, I'm trying to value this bag. I purchased it back in the early 90s at the flea market. I think I paid a grand total of 25 cents for it. I've had it stored for about 20 years and finally rediscovered it. It appears to be a vinyl lunch bag from the Mauna Kea hotel from the 1960s. It has signatures all over it. The ones that I've identified are on the front and feature Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, and Laurance Rockefeller. One on the back that I've identified is Jackie Liwae Pung (course golf pro). There are a couple strange ones that I suspect may be jokes? Betsy Emory Palmer and a female sounding Nicklaus name too. Most of the back signatures are very faded and hard to read. The bag is dirty and it's that vinyl that feels like a record surface. Nicklaus added a "66" after his name. I believe either that this was when all signed or he signed after the others and he was differentiating. Any ideas of value? or what the history of the bag may be? I'm not interested in selling, just trying to get some history.