PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Issue

AWA85
01-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Has anyone had a situation similar to this or have any advice?

I recently purchased an item from the Cincinnati Reds and it was shipped through FedEx. Tracking says it was delivered at 6:00 pm last night and left at the door. Only issue is, there was nothing at our door. The entire night before and after 6:00 pm, I had an eye out for a delivery truck and all lights were on but nothing ever appeared at our house.

This morning, I filed a case with FedEx and they said they will begin looking into it. Any further tips or advice? Anyone run into a similar situation at all?

sox83cubs84
01-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Has anyone had a situation similar to this or have any advice?

I recently purchased an item from the Cincinnati Reds and it was shipped through FedEx. Tracking says it was delivered at 6:00 pm last night and left at the door. Only issue is, there was nothing at our door. The entire night before and after 6:00 pm, I had an eye out for a delivery truck and all lights were on but nothing ever appeared at our house.

This morning, I filed a case with FedEx and they said they will begin looking into it. Any further tips or advice? Anyone run into a similar situation at all?

I'm not sure if this had anything related to it, but over the years I've had problems with deliveries from FedEx drivers, particularly FedEx Ground. These problem drivers make a very lame attempt to let you know they're at your door. They don't ring the bell or knock on the door, instead seemingly running to the dorr to slap the "we missed you" stikcer on it and run back to their truck. The FedEx guy who delivers now is not like this, but we've had several of these in the past (UPS, too).

Dave Miedema

Brucefan32
01-08-2016, 08:21 PM
I know they dropped the ball at Christmas this year. Plus if it was shipped by rail then it could be a number of things. Only reason I say this is because I had fed ex on my train today so maybe I had it Adam. Sucks though

gilbey
03-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Fed ex ground drivers are independent contractors. They actually own there routes. Fed ex fines them for being late back to the terminal which is part of the reason of horrible customer service. My driver delivered a bat to a similar address around the corner and was signed for by someone. We happened to know them because this has happened in the past, so I called fed ex to complain. They fixed it got me my bat but my driver told me that I got him fined $100.

lakeerie92
03-19-2016, 05:54 PM
I had it happen a couple of years ago with the Braves. The package said delivered but it was definitely never there. I contacted the Braves and they were great and filed the claim themselves and sent me a replacement. It obviously wasn't the same item, but I have kept my eye out for years and never saw that baseball appear.

yanks12025
03-19-2016, 06:59 PM
You guys can sign up for Fedex and ups and have your packages sent to either the local ups/Fedex stores or pick them up at the hubs.

mrjohnmalton
03-19-2016, 11:55 PM
I recently had FedEx "deliver" an Odubel Herrera single ball. I was home the entire day, and nothing was ever delivered. When I went back to look at the tracking info, the hub that it showed the package was out for delivery from was all kinds of wrong. I opened a trace, just to have them call me and say that it was either lost or stolen five days later. Some of the people I spoke with on the phone were some of the most unprofessional, rude people I've ever dealt with. One even made a comment along the lines of "how important could a baseball really be?".

The same week, I had 2 jerseys shipped to me from Venezuela using FedEx International Priority... both got here in two days, no problem. I get nervous every time someone ships something to me using FedEx. It's a total crapshoot with them. For that reason, I stay away from FedEx whenever I have any say in the matter.

joshmiller0
03-20-2016, 06:17 AM
I have had usps say delivered and it not show up at my house for a couple of days... I'd still have hope... but I agree with others.. I've been home and usps, ups, and fedex literally walk up to door and just leave a note saying I wasn't home... I've had to call fedex and ups and tell them that I'm home.. they then call the driver and have them come back... One time I even drove after the truck and had to stop next to them to get my package...

Sioux4Ever
03-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Working in customer service for Amazon my whole job was working with these carriers to figure out why they couldn't get a package to our customers. A couple things I was told
1-check any back or side doors as they may be out of site so less change package gets stolen
2-check any bushes, if the garage was open check there, literally check every single place a package could end up. Not kidding agout this, last week I had a lady find her package in her kids little sand box that had a lid on it

sox83cubs84
03-20-2016, 06:59 PM
Working in customer service for Amazon my whole job was working with these carriers to figure out why they couldn't get a package to our customers. A couple things I was told
1-check any back or side doors as they may be out of site so less change package gets stolen
2-check any bushes, if the garage was open check there, literally check every single place a package could end up. Not kidding agout this, last week I had a lady find her package in her kids little sand box that had a lid on it

Keep in mind, though, that often the parcel carrier won't let you know with a note that the package has been left in one of the places described above. Over 25 years ago, when we owned a house in Wheaton, IL, the UPS drivers twice left packages that we weren't alerted to and never actually got. Once a bat package was left on our front steps and apparently was stolen, while another time a package containg a USFL helmet was apparently left by our side door near our trash cans. With no note left from UPS, we think the trash collector thought it was garbage and picked it up with our real garbage.

Dave M.