PDA

View Full Version : I just had a really great exchange with a seller on Ebay.

jmeekins33
01-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Guy lists an Andrew Bynum jersey on Ebay, no papers of course. So I contact him.

Dear rjoh4900,

Hi, the tagging is correct but does it exhibit any evidence of actual wear? I'm concerned that this might be a game issued jersey but not one that Bynum ever worn in a game. Is there anything else you can tell me about it? Thanks.

He repies...

"As you can see from my add, got it from a estate auction with no papers. If I had papers to prove it was worn I would be asking triple what I am".

I respond...

Dear rjoh4900,

As you should have seen from my question I'm not asking for papers to prove it was worn. I'm asking if the jersey itself exhibits any wear. This question is not complicated, I'm not sure why it triggered a sassy answer from you. If you don't know how to determine that, then just say so, politely.

He comes back with...

"Listen I sent the wrong message to you, someone else had sent message about any papers for jersey. But on the other hand I'm glad it happened because I discovered what an ASSHOLE you are and the last thing I want to do is give anyone a deal so piss off you been blocked cya"

lol. Use caution it you are going to deal with this dickweed.

ndevlin
01-08-2016, 05:44 PM
I think it started to go downhill from here- "This question is not complicated, I'm not sure why it triggered a sassy answer from you."

jmeekins33
01-08-2016, 06:35 PM
I'm sorry, but when you start your reply with "As you can see from my add" ,that's rude. "As you can see", is a slick way to say "can't you read, it's in the listing"? That's rude and unnecessary on it's own, even more so when the question that I asked was not previously answered in the listing. He's the one with the reading comprehension problem, not me. So you give them back a little taste of their own medicine and you are the jerk. Funny.

If someone lists a jersey for sale as being game used, I can't think of a more straight forward and appropriate question than "Does it exhibit any wear"? Yet when you ask that it's amazing the types of responses you will get. So many of these jerseys listed for sale as game worn have no papers and look pristine as though they were manufactured yesterday.

seanbaseball
01-08-2016, 07:33 PM
I asked a guy if a wash tag showed any use and he said "yes its in perfect condition" LOL. Some just don't know

jmeekins33
01-08-2016, 07:38 PM
I asked a guy if a wash tag showed any use and he said "yes its in perfect condition" LOL. Some just don't know

That's a good one, lol.

I just wish people were willing to politely say either no, or I don't know.

TigersCubs84
01-08-2016, 09:26 PM

This made my day!