PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Felix Hernandez Tacoma Rainiers jersey?

MyOhMy0534
01-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Last week on eBay a Felix Hernandez Tacoma Rainiers jersey was listed. The seller didn't know that this jersey was a game used or issued jersey. He most likely assumed it was a retail jersey probably not knowing anything about game used items. I was willing to take the gamble on the jersey for the price without much research. But just wanted to make sure Felix wore #34 while he was in Tacoma and during the few mintues I was looking it up sold. The buyer of the jersey now has it listed on eBay for 1500$ bidding.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Game-Worn-2005-Tacoma-Rainiers-Felix-Hernandez-34-Jersey-Mariners-/321962718195?hash=item4af67933f3:g:6eAAAOSw~otWhF5 4

So after it was sold. Extremely upset I missed the jersey for my collection i decided to do some research.
1. The jersey is a size 50. From the Felix rookie jerseys he wore in 2005 that I could find he did wear a size 50.
2. The jersey is #34 which he did wear during his time in Tacoma.
3. The jersey also has +3 body length which I couldn't find on any Felix jersey, I found +1.5 a few times as well as a + 2 sleeve but never a +3 body.
4. I believe the Russell Tag is to new for 2005.
5. Lastly I tried to photo match it in 3 different pictures. The button placement above Rainiers logo doesn't lineup. On the jersey listed on eBay there is much more of a gap between the first button and the Rainiers logo then there is on the close up photo. Also the dots above the I's in Rainiers, they're much lower on the jersey on eBay then the photos. And also the first I in Rainier is on top of the black piping on the jersey and in photos its not. Photos below.

From what I could find in terms of pictures Felix didn't wear this jersey in any of them. Is it possible he was issued to home jerseys while he was there and this is the 2nd one? When I asked a former Rainier at a autograph signing if they were issued more then one jersey he told me they were issued one each of the different jerseys and if they were torn or damaged they would be replaced. Im leaning towards this jersey wasn't worn or issued to Felix Hernandez but is a newer and was worn by someone else who was #34. But I could just be biased cause i missed it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Wanted to hear everybody's opinions, please let me know what you guys think.
-Tanner

MyOhMy0534
01-03-2016, 11:41 PM
Also this picture.

Phil316
01-04-2016, 12:13 AM
Felix only pitched in 19 games for Tacoma. At 88 innings or roughly 4.6 innings per start. Then you have to think about half are away starts.

I also collect Tacoma Rainiers and Seattle Mariners jerseys as well. So iam familiar with jerseys from that year.

I am not sold on this jersey. I would need to inspect it in person.