PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Framing Suggestions/Advice

EA884
01-03-2016, 08:31 AM
I've gone back and forth between framing a game used jersey that I have as opposed to displaying it in a case and because it will be hanging in my office I have decided to have it framed. I have been doing research on framing and know the things to look out for and various framing methods to avoid. Has anybody here framed their jerseys using Sportsdisplays.com? They offer framing for $229 but I have no idea as to the quality they provide. I also found a website called sportsgalleryweb.com that seems pretty good for $400. They describe the way in which they frame jerseys and seem confident in their quality. Who here has used either company and what has been your experience? Do you all know or trust in other framing companies that I can send my jersey to? Should I avoid framing and get a nice display case? Thanks for the help!

joshmiller0
01-03-2016, 09:00 AM
I used two of these for my NBA jerseys http://www.ebay.com/itm/Football-Baseball-Hockey-Jersey-Display-Case-Shadow-Box-Frame-2B-/230950710942?hash=item35c5bc2e9e:g:9xcAAOxyoA1RTGr 9

I'd also look into A.C. Moore and Michael's if you have one by you.. usually there are coupons floating around up to 50% off.

64SHEA
01-04-2016, 06:31 PM
I have had dozens of photos framed by Steiner, as well as a few autographed jerseys back when I collected them. They always did a great job but I never liked the idea of a game used item being (semi)permanently inaccessible. I would go with a display case if that would also bother you. I have this case
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jersey-Uniform-Bat-Ball-Jacket-Display-Case-Shadow-Box-/230617798591?var=&hash=item35b1e457bf:m:mMRREy70-TrdyEKVTLEZzZA
They also make a thinner version that is a bit cheaper, but this lets you display other things with the jersey.

EA884
01-04-2016, 06:45 PM
64SHEA, thanks for the suggestion. I like that display case that you attached a lot actually and have already put in on my eBay watch list. I understand the disadvantage of having a game used jersey that may permanently/semi-permanently sealed in a way. I was thinking maybe the framed look would be better at my office as opposed to at my house, but I do like that case. Thanks again!

TBM
01-04-2016, 08:10 PM
EA884,
If you like that case then also give Amazon.com a browse. That same company sells on Amazon.com. The prices and shipping are different between EBay and Amazon.com. You get the same case but it may be cheaper on one or the other.

TBM
01-04-2016, 08:12 PM
I have purchased a couple cases from them and have never had a problem, but have noticed price fluctuations between eBay and Amazon.com on many of their cases I always look at both to get the best price.

duggie85
01-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Not sure where you're located, but I use a lady in Houston who has a shop behind her home. She does custom framing and has done jerseys for the Astros (Oswalt & Pettitte retirement ceremonies) and for the Bush family. She charged $250 for large UV protected frame and I completely trusted leaving my autographed jerseys with her after seeing her operation firsthand. I originally met her at a Tristar show.

If anyone can share how to attach a pic without getting the "too large" window to pop up, I'd be more than happy to show my 2 off.

EA884
01-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Does she have a website or email address I can contact her with? Thanks!

patsfan
01-04-2016, 10:45 PM
I agree with joshmiller0 I so far have hung 3 jerseys using the black displays offered at Michaels. I have a store nearby but you can also order on line. Each time I have purchased they were 50% off and just a bit over 50 dollars each . I don't think anything else come close for the price and they display just as well as a much pricier piece if not better. my football jerseys look awesome in them

duggie85
01-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Does she have a website or email address I can contact her with? Thanks!

http://www.artframeconnection.com

She did a Griffey & Jeter jersey for me, and a Michael Jordan jersey for a friend of mine.

beaglegypsy003
01-05-2016, 04:20 AM
I have six XL football display cases that I've purchased from sfdisplay both on eBay and Amazon. I live in Hawaii so the cost of shipping always is a factor. I now only purchase the cases on Amazon since shipping is free with Prime membership but this does change so you need to check. The cases are used to display my larger football jerseys and work out just fine. They are not as deep as the one used by the other member. Right now the case is $199.99 with free Prime shipping.

sportsnbikes
01-05-2016, 11:03 AM
I have used www.wallstars.com in the past. They do all of the framing for the Royals and Chiefs. Their framing is top notch.

beaglegypsy003
01-06-2016, 05:58 AM
Sorry but made a typo. The price on Amazon is $109.99 with Prime free shipping.

Swoboda4
01-06-2016, 08:39 AM
If its going to be in your office, it should be done professionally. I prefer the shadow box style where the jersey hangs as close to how it would appear on the player. I had a few framed where they were folded and placed tight in frame and I didn't like it, it took away from the jersey and looked like it was straight from a clothes drawer where it was folded. I make my own as most of these commercial offerings don't allow for the whole jersey length to be displayed. Go on Google and hit baseball jersey display case and there should be something that