PDA

View Full Version : NBA game worn question

kitey604
12-31-2015, 12:21 PM
Hi,

I have a few newbie question about NBA game worn.

1) Does Meigray jersey generally carry a higher premium over Steiner Sport?
Will Meigray hold a better re-sale value if I decide to sell it in the long run?

2) Does Special Event jersey such as London Live generally carry a higher premium over regular season jersey? Sometimes, the jersey is exactly the same without any special patches or design.

3) For Mears Auctions under games used, I noticed that Mears did not used the term "Game worn" or "Game used" on the subject and description. Nor did they specify that they are game issued. The only thing it mentioned is that it showed "light wear". So I am unsure if am bidding on a game used or a game issued jersey. Are these jersey not being classified by Mears?

joshmiller0
01-02-2016, 02:06 PM
I only buy steiner and meigray...I don't think it makes a difference as far as value goes....both companies allow you to make an offer as you see fit and will counter. I personally like meigray better for a few reasons
1) It's close to where I love and I find the staff and Barry to be overly kind and helpful. Being able to go pick up items in person is a plus for me.
2) The serial number on the jersey is registered online. Meigray used serial numbers before steiner. Now all nba jerseys are serial numbered. As far as I know only meigray registers them online
3) meigray has serial numbers on everything including shooting shirts, pants, shorts, etc

Steiner offers more memorabilia like sneakers, shorts, shooting shirts etc from regular season games. Meigray tends to offer non jerseys only from special events like all star weekend. I did find a great rep at steiner who had been very helpful.

Special events tend not to fetch a higher price. The exception would be things like the nba finals and christmas day. London live are just normal regular season jerseys...unless that player has an unreal game...

Any other questions, let me know. Nba memorabilia is all I collect. You'll pay a premium for meigray and ateiner, but at least you know it's legit.